Jewish Weddings
Options

Jewish Wedding Music

Hi all,
Were you able to 'easily' find a ceremony musician who was able to play whatever jewish (or other) music you requested, or did you have to seek out music parts to any of the songs you wanted to use??

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Jewish Wedding Music

• Options
    We had a friend that plays the cello play our ceremony music (Erev Shel Shoshanim and Dodi Li).  We sent her some versions that we liked from youtube, and she picked them up that way.  Our officiant, a cantor, also offered to let us photocopy his songbook, though, if we had needed it. 
  • Options
    Many of the bands you will look at in the metro NYC area will be familiar with the basic songs.  We used Erev Shel Shoshanim and Yerushalayim Shel Za'hav and they had no problem.
    Lisa
    Not a newbie, but, had to create a new account - formerly LBR_NJ

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

My Blog - "Helping Make Sense"
  • Options
    my band, who wasn't jewish, knew all the jewish songs.
    image BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Our string trio was not Jewish but knew all of the traditional Jewish songs. Also, they said if we wanted something that was not a part of their regular playlist we could just supply the sheet music and they could easily learn it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Any good musician will be able to read sheet music, so even if they don't know the songs ahead of time, they will be able to play them with enough notice to practice.  And since there are a lot of versions of every song, as the previous poster suggested, you may want to send Youtube versions you like.
  • Options
    I have a Jewish band(Nafshenu) who can also do really awesome non-Jewish music. It's really the best of both worlds.
  • Options
    rlpd82rlpd82 member
    First Comment
    I found out you can get  lots of jewish sheet music and downloads at oysongs.com 

Wide range of stuff. I wanted more contemporary, but they have music by bubbe remembered, too.
  • Options
    Any ideas for recessional music that's not so traditional?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards