• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
June 2012 Weddings

Finally back to semi-normal

Hurricane Irene wreaked havoc in my area and i STILL don't have power. Thank goodness we have a bbq with a burner on it, we can cook but its like we're camping out in our own home! And the garden hose cold showers are not as refreshing as one would think, lol.  We lost power at 11pm on Saturday night and spent most of Sunday indoors bc of the storm, 3 trees down (one on our new pergola). Yesterday our offices were closed, and we spent all day cleaning up the yard and salvaging our food. We are now running electric into our fridge via an electrical cord from our next door neighbors. For whatever reason, half our block has power and the other half does not, and they told us yesterday that a tornado went down the next block which is why the whole area is closed off. So glad that missed us but feel terrible for the people it did hit. This is my first day on the computer since Friday and boy am I happy to have a little bit of technology back in my life, i was getting tired of beating FI in candlelit scrabble, lol... So what did I miss!?? :)
Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards