Washington-Seattle
Options

transportation??

For those of you that aren't doing a limo or old car.. what kind of transportation have you thought of? I honestly just assumed one of my friends/bms would drive me around but I don't know.. is this something I need to start talking to people about? I have 6bms.. so whoever drives us around needs to have a big-ish car. Also.. what about FI too? I just really don't want to drive on my wedding day and I don't want FI to drive either.. except when he drives us away.... so i guess our car needs to get to the venue somehow. yIKES!

BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker we're having twins!

Re: transportation??

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I would guess you and your BMs would go in 2 cars.  I plan to see if my MOH would mind driving, we might even do 2 cars for me and my 3 girls.  I plan to stay around Kirkland the couple nights before the wedding and getting ready in my room, then us driving to the venue.  I was going to see if MOH will let me leave my car at her place that night so I don't have to worry about it (her place is on the way).  I plan on FI driving himself to the venue and we'll use his truck as the getaway car. I already asked him to make sure it's washed and waxed. Smile 
    Family fall photo session with Ashley Hoyle Photography
    Married 7/10/10
    Wedding Planning Bio - Updated 6/13/2010
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What about renting a van? A friend of mine did that for his B-party and it worked out fine ... as long as one person is a careful enough driver it's perfectly fine. I mean, it's not the most elegant ride in the world but it gets the job done :).

As for us, not much help ... as they say in "Hello Dolly", if you really want to be elegant, you walk :).

1st year anniversary in Victoria with a killer whale topiary!
  • Options
    jennuinnejennuinne member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have no idea.  I don't think we have room in our budget for a limo, but I want something cool.  And I don't want me or FI to have to drive or be worried about drinking.  If FI was driving, I'd watching how much he was drinking all night and that would ruin both of our nights. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    alyssa324alyssa324 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    the venue from my house is less than 5 min so I am riding there on the back of my dads chopper for some really great picks :) So excited!! He will be driving way slow and the road there isnt police territory so i dont have to wear the helmet :)

Sorry it doesnt help i thought I would just share though cause I cant wait
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm driving my Prius... woooaaahhh fancy :)  My bridesmaids and I are all coming from different places, so there isn't really a way to work it for us to all ride together. And we wouldn't all fit in one car.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    This delema is why I went with a limo. I just couldn't figure it out and it was the easiest way to transport all of us, plus FI and I could drink and not worry having to have one of us drive back to the hotel. It was just easier for me so I made room in the budget.
    imageimageimage
    Newlywed Athlete Blog
    DD Arrived 10/17/2011
    2012 Races
    Valentine's Day Dash - 5k - 2/11/12 - 34:21
    Kirkland 5k - 5/13/12 - 31:59
  • Options
    amylbellamylbell member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    same problem...the girls/guys are just going to meet at the venue and get ready there...hair and makeup will be on-site...i'm personally having a hard time shelling out the cash for the 20min  fancy old car trip from the venue to our hotel after the reception but I don't really know what else to do!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards