June 2012 Weddings

Honeyfund

Has/is anyone signing up for Honeyfund? I just looked into it and it seems that it's a widget to make your PayPal account pretty, and let people buy you things like "a massage for 2" or "champagne and strawberries" or even "contribute to our house downpayment". The paypayl account still charges 3% service fee, but it doesn't look like the website charges a service fee on top of it, unlike other websites... I just met a girl over the weekend who used this site for her wedding and she loved it and said her guests bought out her entire $4,000 registry on Honeyfund!

FI and I have been talking about not even registering because we would really rather have cash gifts (if people feel compelled to give a gift), so I feel like this is a good alternative. Houses in our area are mad expensive, and it'll be a long long time before we'll have a respectable down-payment saved up, and we've been living together for almost 2.5 years and already have most of the household items we need. Also, because some people like real registries and might not trust giving money to the computer, we'll probably do a small registry at Macy's.

In any case, here's the Honeyfund website if you haven't seen it yet:
http://www.honeyfund.com/

Thoughts? Does anyone have experience with this website or friends who have used it?
Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards