June 2012 Weddings

First Look Photos?

2»

Re: First Look Photos?

• We both agreed that we did not want to do a first look. We are both traditional in that we want to see each other for the first time walking down the aisle.
  • edited January 2012
    We aren't doing a first look. I do think that first look pics are so cute, but I don't want FI to see me before I walk down the aisle. I think he is even more adamant about not seeing me before, than I am. He doesn't want to know anything about my dress, hair, veil (or no veil), and the last time we are seeing each other before I walk down the aisle will be the night before at the rehearsal dinner. We aren't super traditional, but when it comes to stuff like this we are. I am going to cry walking down the aisle and during our vows no matter what, even of we do a first look. We have 2 photographers, so the male will be with FI and all his men, and the female will be with me and my ladies while we are all getting ready. That way we can do all the pictures that we can before hand. Plus, since we have the 2 photographers one will be shooting FI as I walk down, and one will be shooting me as I walk down; so we will have both of our reactions in pictures. And I have that picture of the couple holding hands around a door on Pinterest. I do like that idea. I have also seen where they both put blindfolds on so they can't see each other, but can hug and hold hands (no kissing until we are "husband and wife" though). =)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_first-look-photos?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:26c79041-4cc8-4cd5-bdc7-8555fa147076Post:cc50bbe8-db57-48d5-b1e8-e9c7e9f1e663">Re: First Look Photos?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: First Look Photos? : I love your shoes BTW! :)
    Posted by chelseakopperud[/QUOTE]

Thanks! =)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_first-look-photos?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:26c79041-4cc8-4cd5-bdc7-8555fa147076Post:e30ef9ae-df71-4963-be42-f0c713ab93f3">Re: First Look Photos?</a>:
    [QUOTE]FWIW, I've been told by a few recently-married people that doing first look photos doesn't take away from the beauty and awe of the moment when the bride walks down the aisle.  I've yet to hear from anyone who has regretted doing it - and I have heard from a couple of people that they really wish they had. FI and I do plan on doing a first look, I want the privacy and intimacy of *just us* because I'm worried that if it's in front of our families, I'll stage my reaction too much, or just be too nervous about them. 
    Posted by DrPB2b13[/QUOTE]

Thank you for sharing! that sounds like the way I am leaning =)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_first-look-photos?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:26c79041-4cc8-4cd5-bdc7-8555fa147076Post:5a76f3f3-715f-431f-9632-554446bba306">Re: First Look Photos?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Our photographer convinced us to do them with these: (All photos courtesy of Kellie Kano) Kellie also told us that most of the moment's walking down the aisle are even more special because all those nerves are gone, so you're left with the pure joy and happiness of that moment and it shines through. 
    Posted by kelsey+brandon[/QUOTE]

Kelsey, I think you just helped me make up my mind with those photos! unbelieveable! =)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_first-look-photos?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:26c79041-4cc8-4cd5-bdc7-8555fa147076Post:20a3a263-4029-4dbf-bd3b-f2e51dfb1220">Re: First Look Photos?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: First Look Photos? : Kelsey, I think you just helped me make up my mind with those photos! unbelieveable! =)
    Posted by Kfudge0714[/QUOTE]

I know, we were completely persuaded too! I think most people's favorite part of the wedding is seeing the groom's face. With a first look, I'm going to get to see my FI's face and it's going to be just the two of us. I think that even though we're doing a first look, we'll still have a moment when I'm walking down the aisle because it'll be my last walk as a "single" woman and my walk to become his wife.
  • I didn't want to do first look photos, but since we are cramped for time with a deadline for when the reception has to be over, it makes sense to not use valuable time after the ceremony for all the pictures. Many of them are gorgeous, but either way you go, be sure you are comfortable.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • We will be doing a first look. I am very traditional & it still kinda bothers me that i won't get that awe moment at the church but my fiance assures me i will still get that. 

I am a very emotional person, i will be bawling like a baby walking down the isle, by doing a first look it will help with the nerves. I do like the thought of that private time, the photographer will be able to catch it all. 

Weddings go by very fast, this way i get a few private moments with him before everyone else wants our attention.

I will NOT be wearing my veil so it will still be a bit different look when he sees me coming down the isle. 

We don't really have a choice, our wedding is 30 mins from where we live, in order to get pics at the museum we have to do them first. I could have had an earlier ceremony but i still wouldn't waste an hour driving back & forth for pics. I also would NOT do that to my guests. We will have family pics after the ceremony as well as a few at the church. 

I love the pictures that come with a first look, i just hate that i won't have that aha moment when the big doors open.

He wants to know nothing about my outfit now though, which is good. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Dream Honeymoon/Actual Honeymoon Disneyworld Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • At first I was dead set against doing a first look.  Then I started to think about all the positives for us (spending time together, relaxing nerves, getting to go to cocktail hour, etc) and I realized how much it made sense.  My MOH got married in July and did a first look and said it was great.  She said she was able to focus on walking down the aisle with her dad and enjoy that moment even more which I hadn't even thought about before.
    Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_first-look-photos?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:26c79041-4cc8-4cd5-bdc7-8555fa147076Post:8e4332ff-8e2b-4b99-ac41-da09582eb341">Re: First Look Photos?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are definitely doing a first look. Initially, FI was majorly against it.  He is still completely against knowing anything about my dress, etc. before that day, but practicality won out. The first look just makes sense for us with time wise.  We don't see a reason to do very many pictures where we are not together.  <strong>What's the point in having tons of pictures of me alone?  The whole point of the wedding is that it's our lives coming TOGETHER.. so we are opting out of most of the pictures that would include only one of us.  We're doing all of our family and some of our WP pics before the wedding to cut wayyyy down on time doing pictures. </strong> We'll join our guests at our cocktail hour (and a half) part way through!
    Posted by SoSaysTara[/QUOTE]

I couldnt agree more!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We aren't doing one. I definitely want the first time he sees me to be when the church doors open and I walk down the aisle to him. =)
    Photobucket
  • We want the first time we see each other on our wedding day to be just us. So we can share a special moment between just us (and the photographer). He'll still think I look amazing when I come walking down the aisle, and we'll have all the time we want at the reception. Ours is super short, so we kinda have to do First Look. But thankfully, we both want that special moment. We're also sending each other a love letter to read, just before he sees me. Which, for us, will be me walking down the Aisle, he'll be standing at the altar back to me until they close the chapel doors. So maybe you could have your first look at your aisle, and have it both ways :D

Follow Me on Pinterest

Visit The Knot!    Visit The Nest!   
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards