Washington-Seattle
Options

STD First Draft, opinions needed

Can't decide which scheme to go with.  My sister came up with these and I like elements of each.

These will be printed on regular sized postcards.

Re: STD First Draft, opinions needed

• Options
    edited December 2011
    i like the second one best. :0)
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker we're having twins!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I like the one with the flower as well.. or if you took the top one and added a bunch more feathers in the tail?
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I like the first one best, but I usually go for simple so that would explain my choice, lol.

My Planning Bio image
    176 invited image 92 Joinin in image 56 Missin out image 29 Slackers image RSVP Date: August 27th
  • Options
    Alo822Alo822 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Both are cute... but I love the second one! :)
    Alison & Rob 6.5.10 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    jennuinnejennuinne member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I like the second one also.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    kducharmekducharme member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I like the second one!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    melissa82melissa82 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't care for either (they're both too busy for me), but I prefer the second one. I would change the knockout (white) on the location to another color. I think it's too hard to read.
  • Options
    carrieoz_76carrieoz_76 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I prefer the 2nd.

Having said that, there's a lot going on in a small space, and I'm not seeing the connection between the peacock, the ocean, and that flower.  They don't seem to go together - the beach picture is pretty, but the peacock seems somewhat out of place with the ocean in the background (since they aren't really ocean birds...), and then there's a rose, which isn't an indigenous Hawaiian flower, so there doesn't seem to be anything tying them together.

Not saying you can't tie them together, but as it stands, it seems kind of random, I guess.  Maybe you could change the flower to a local one, and make it white so it simplifies the overall picture?  

Ultimately, though, you may need to pick one theme (ocean, or flower, or peacock) and stick with it instead of putting all three onto one small postcard.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the feedback. Esp the super honest kine.

I agree Carrie that that the 2nd one is really random, and I think the rose is misplaced. 
    I would definately like to incorporate the theme of peacock colors and the beach (we are going to be getting married oceanside, though not on the beach)

I think im going to ask my sister to change to a sunset background, scale down the peacock and changeout the rose to hopefully make it more cohesive.

• Options
    dreamwindsdreamwinds member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with what carrieoz_76. I prefer the second one, but only because of the flower and the ocean. I think not having the peacock would make it less busy and difficult to focus.
    imageLilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    jennuinnejennuinne member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with the more recent comments; it is too busy and seems random.  But, I prefer 2.  Changing the flower to something Hawaiian would make more sense.  What if you just incorporate the peacock colors w/o an actual peacock?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yep, swap out the rose for some Hawaiina flower...maybe not hibiscus since that seems kind of trite to me, but maybe more like a plumeria? And yeah, while I know you are doing peacock theme, it does seem just a bit odd in there with an ocean. In a completely different vein, what about a sandy beach with peacock sand sculpture which could be less obvious, or a peacock feather traced in the sand?
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards