Washington-Seattle

an article from a magazine at my gma's house.

here is an article that was in the may 1955 issue of housekeeping monthly. its pretty funny IMO.

Over the cooler month of the year, you should prepare a light fire for him to unwide by... after all, catering for his comfort will provide you with immense personal satisfaction.
let him talk first-remember, his topics of conversations aremore important than yours.
Don't complain if he's late home for dinner or even if he stays out all night. Count this as minor compared to what he might have gone through that day.
Remember, he is the master of his house and as such will always exercise his will with fairness and truthfulness. You have no right to question him.

Actually, my dad was in the bathroom and found it and decided to read it to every one. It made me laugh a little. Oh, how times have changed. :)
BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker we're having twins!

Re: an article from a magazine at my gma's house.

• edited December 2011
    That is so funny! You're right times HAVE changed, yay feminist pride and gender equality! :)
  • edited December 2011
    Just wow. I wonder how many women had non-secretarial jobs at Housekeeping Monthly back then...

1st year anniversary in Victoria with a killer whale topiary!
  • edited December 2011
    What do you mean times have changed?  This isn't what everyone else's relationship is like? Wink
    Amanda & Joel
    Planning bio: updated 05.11.10
    326 were asked to dance image
    120 will boogie the night away image 110 have two left feet image 96 are couch potatoes image
    RSVP Date: Sept 10, 2010
  • edited December 2011
    haha. FI says that this article is my bible.. hahaha. :0)
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker we're having twins!
  • edited December 2011
    It still baffles me that they actually had articles like that.  Although, when I think about it, it WAS half a century ago...
    Family fall photo session with Ashley Hoyle Photography
    Married 7/10/10
    Wedding Planning Bio - Updated 6/13/2010
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    :O  I mean, ok, I guess I'm not surprised by most of it but I am a bit shocked with the don't complain if he doesn't come home all night?!?! SeriouslY!?!?
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards