Washington-Seattle
Options

Does/Did anyone have this issue??

I feel like, since I've gotten engaged.. my mental clarity has disappeared. I now struggle to find things Im searching for on the net... simple acronyms that I would normally understand with ease are now incredibly hard for me to process... and basic questions I would usually be able to answer- all about the wedding and the planning involved.
It's weird and shocking for me. I have never experienced something like this before and I was just wondering... Is this, or has it, happened to any of you ladies before??
You all seem SOO put together and KNOW how to make the invites, all the DIY stuff, where to find things...

How do I get back to my old, sharp, saavy, DIY with ease self??

Thanks!!
Brittany
Happy Planning Ladies!!! Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Does/Did anyone have this issue??

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't have this issue, but I will say that I came onto the knot right after I got engaged over a year ago.  I spent a lot of time just browsing around the site, looking at pictures, looking at pretty blogs (I like Once Wed), and also reading up on the DIY board.  Have you been there yet?  If not, you should check it out.  The other thing that really, REALLY helped me was looking at other people's planning bios.  Not only are they full of great ideas, but also good tutorials.  The more time you spend on here, the more you'll feel you know.  Especially since the same stuff gets asked time & time again.  HTH!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    jennuinnejennuinne member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't have that problem either.  But, like jennyann, I was engaged a long time before I started talking on this board.  I had no idea what to do or how to do it.  I spent a lot of time researching and slowly learned these things.  I was very overwhelmed and a little crazy in the beginning.  Then, on here, the girls are so helpful, you learn lots more.  And I'm not a DIY/crafty person AT ALL.  But, I did do my invites and some other things.   If you want it done your way, you do research, talk to others, do trials and just figure it out.

Pretty soon you'll be the one giving advice.  Good luck!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_washington-seattle_doesdid-anyone-this-issue?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:104Discussion:0eca4fe0-3598-46bc-96f1-23077d4ebd0bPost:d16ed945-0fa5-41b6-a92e-a0f0c336a9bd">Re: Does/Did anyone have this issue??</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't have this issue, but I will say that I came onto the knot right after I got engaged over a year ago.  I spent a lot of time just browsing around the site, looking at pictures, looking at pretty blogs (I like Once Wed), and also reading up on the DIY board.  Have you been there yet?  If not, you should check it out.  The other thing that really, REALLY helped me was looking at other people's planning bios.  Not only are they full of great ideas, but also good tutorials.  The more time you spend on here, the more you'll feel you know.  Especially since the same stuff gets asked time & time again.  HTH!
    Posted by jennyann28[/QUOTE]

Thank you for the tip!!! I will keep coming back as often as I can.. I love love reading peoples bios... I wish I knew how to do one like the other brides. LOL... there are some AWESOME tips out there. I think someone here was making the pomanders out of coffee filters and fabric and that idea to me was amazing!
    I'll keep on searchin- thanks!
    Happy Planning Ladies!!! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    MerryfjMerryfj member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I started a stressful new job right after we got engaged. So, I've been totally scatterbrained! I feel your pain!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I haven't felt this way since planning but your post brought back memories of what it was like after my daughter was born :)  Keep your chin up things will mellow again and you will be back to your old self
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I definitely can't stay focused.. wedding is always on the brain and it makes getting things done a little harder.

I lurked before i was engaged. :)
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker we're having twins!
  • Options
    mergatormergator member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am reading a GREAT BOOK I recommend to ALL BRIDES. It's called the Conscious Bride and it's all about staying present and remembering who you are during the craziness that happens in the months leading up to your wedding. It really has helped me realize what really matters, and deal with the emotional stuff that no one wants to talk about. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards