June 2012 Weddings

Videographer

They are expensive, i have a proffesional photographer, his sister will do a video but i am afraid it won't be enough and i want her to have fun too, are you going to hire a videographer and why?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Dream Honeymoon/Actual Honeymoon Disneyworld Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Videographer

• I was dead set on hiring a videographer. I want pictures to capture the details and the moments and to hang on my wall, but I wanted a video to watch and relive the moments in action, to hear our voices and emotions.

FI was complete opposite for 2 reasons, first being that he went to school for video editing and he is VERY picky about the way he believes editing should be done....... thats another story. The second was that he didn't want a videographer bothering guests with saying stuff into the camera (because we really arent fans of that when we are guests) and he felt as though it would be a waste of money because he would never sit through a "2 hour video" of the wedding more than once.

We finally found one though that we loved! A husband and wife team. He loves the work that they do (similar to his style of editing) and they don't do the mic thing because they find it cheesy, and they compile all of the important moments into a 40 minute dvd and overlay the toasts, vows, etc over the video along with songs from the day. So we both got we wanted........but we are paying for it for sure, I really feel that it is worth it though.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • We're not hiring one.  I honestly don't know anyone who watches their wedding video.  I may ask someone to videotape the ceremony for sentimental reasons, but a professional job isn't important to me.

Supposedly not hiring a professional videographer is the #1 regret brides have, but I know that it's not going to be something I will regret, so I'm not concerning myself over it.  I so much prefer my memories to watching a recording, anyway :)
    Mrs. Abbe Peanut Butter || Planning Bio
    June 2012 February Signature: Favorite picture of you & FI
  • We're on the fence with this one as well. I can't imagine watching it over and over again either, but I do think it would be nice to have for sentimental purposes later down the line. I thought it was really neat to watch my parents' wedding video with them. So I guess we'll see if the budget allows for it once we've booked some of our other major vendors (photog, DJ, etc.), which we both feel are more important to us.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I want one. All of the ones I have been looking at give you the entire video, but they also do short montages set to music, which are awesome! I've actually been e-mailing some this evening. They are expensive, so I'm trying to find the best quality at the greatest value.
    Photobucket
  • I have been looking into cheaper ones that do it for a hobby. i am just worried about getting the disc once someone has my money
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Dream Honeymoon/Actual Honeymoon Disneyworld Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards