June 2012 Weddings
Options

Guest question

So I am beginning to run into a bit of a dilemna and wanted to get your opinions on the situaiton. I am currently in a sorority and naturally am pretty close, or at least am around, a lot of ladies. So many of them are so excited about my wedding and keep commenting on how excited they are to come. I obviously have not sent out invitations nor told anyone that they will be coming to the wedding for sure. There is absolutley no way I can invite everyone in my sorority (there are over 80 of them), nor would I want to. I plan on inviting a decent amount of my close friends (which will end up being about 35 of them) but I am really unsure about how to handle the situation with the girls that won't be invited. The invitations will be sent out while I am still living in the sorority house and I just am so afraid of the comments and confrontations I am going to deal with. I have explained to some of them that my budget just does not allow for everyone to come, and they just say "that's fine, we'll just come after dinner." It's like they can't take the hint and I have a hard time being blunt and saying, you just can't come.

Do you ladies have any suggestions of how I should handle this situation? It wouldn't be as bad if I didn't have to live with all the ladies and hear the gossip and such. What do you think?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards