June 2012 Weddings

What color is your bouquet?

I love white bouquets.... but since I am wearing white (obviously) I will most likely go with a pink bouquet. But I just love this bouquet:

The current plan is to use this for my bridesmaids.... but I feel like I am going to be jealous of their flowers all day! haha!! What is everyone else doing?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: What color is your bouquet?

• I am going with white. My Bridesmaids will have yellow. And all of ours will be bouquets will be wrapped with navy blue ribbon. I decided white because I think it is the most elegant and classic. I am going with a garden rose that looks a lot like peonies (I really wanted peonies but at my budget I would have only been able to have 5 of them, lol).
    imageLilySlim Weight loss tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • the main color will be white roses and peonies with mini mango cala lilies and mini lime hydrangea

• My bouquet is a mixture of white, purple and lavender. :)
  • I love all white bouquets with just a *hint* of light pink
    June 2012 Brides

Planning Bio
  • peachykeen26peachykeen26 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited January 2012
    a very soft pink with white baby's breath. I fell in LOVE with it and changed my whole wedding ceremony theme for it. :)

ETA:
    Mine:

BM's

First Look
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • If you love white then you should go with what you love!   White is also timeless for pictures.  It is very common for brides to carry white/ivory flowers. My bouquet will be all ivory roses and peonies (similar style to the one below). My BM's will also have ivory (they are wearing black dresses).

Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Chelsea, I think a hint of light pink would be OK if your wedding colors are Navy/Hot pink.

June 2012 Brides

Planning Bio
  • Our colors are blue and green.  The BMs will have blue hydrangeas and a few green cymbidium orchids.

My bouquet will be larger than theirs and have the same flowers, just more of them, in addition to white roses.
  • Brooch bouquet for me! Several different colors, obviously! :-)
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_color-bouquet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:7d9f12b4-ca7e-41cd-85e3-25929057cb55Post:ced4fbb2-de48-4ae4-bca0-7849d0bd8d78">Re: What color is your bouquet?</a>:
    [QUOTE]My BMs are carrying a cluster of hot pink carnations, similiar to this: and my bouquet is going to be a mixture of white and hot pink flowers, mostly white <strong>(is it bad that I can't remember what kind of flowers? lol)
    </strong>Posted by Kfudge0714[/QUOTE]

No not at all. There will be yellow flowers in mine and I cannot for the life of me remember what the are called. Same for the purple flower in my BM bouquets. I can only remember the daisies because that is my favorite flower.
  • Thanks everyone.... so here is what I am now thinking.....

Bridesmaids with bright pink roses and gerber daisies:

Then I will carry this bouquet:

I feel like the pink color is being lost in my wedding... almost everything is ivory and navy. What do you ladies think?
  • I think that will look good. I like the roses with the daisies.
  • Love that idea Chelsea! The bridesmaids bouquets will really pop against their dresses. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_color-bouquet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:7d9f12b4-ca7e-41cd-85e3-25929057cb55Post:4a25a65b-2918-4f6b-93f7-92c67ce71bb3">Re: What color is your bouquet?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Love that idea Chelsea! <strong>The bridesmaids bouquets will really pop against their dresses. 
    </strong>Posted by Jessica632011[/QUOTE]

Yes I think so too! I picked navy because I love how great a dark pink looks with it.... then somehow the pink started disapearing from teh planning..... so I think this will work great! My only concern is my bouquet not showing up against my dres.....
  • My girls are wearing royal blue.  My MOH will have all orange gerbera daisies with a little green filler, my BM's will have yellow gerbera daisies with green filler, and my FG's will have fuschia gerbera daisies with filler.  My bouquet will be a combination of all of them:

• I am having mostly white flowers, with a hint of purple. My bouquet is going to be cascading, my MOH's will be semi-cascading, BMs' will be hand-wrapped, and Jr BM will be a slightly smaller hand-wrapped. I forget what type of flowers too (I have them written down at home).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    June 2012 May Siggy Challenge: The invitations
    image 126 Are ready to party!
  • I didn't vote, but mine will be a blush or white with pink tip peony bouquet, so I guess that's technically more of our wedding color than white.
  • My bouquet is a green and white. I know it has white roses, white hydranga(sp), green coffee bean, and something else that's green. Ha! I plan to use the same bouquet for my bridal portriats so I can see how it looks.

My bridesmaids are wearing dark purple so their bouquest will be lavender roses.
  • Sea shell bouquets... BM will be in various tans and whites ( color of sea shells)
    My bouquets will be all white sea shells
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My bridesmaids will have light blue hydrangeas.  I will have light blue hydrangeas, ivory roses & ivory spray roses.  So basicly my 2 wedding colors.
    Anniversary
  • I am going to have an all white bouquet of peonies and roses.  My bridesmaids will have a smaller scale bouquet of hot pink roses, light pink roses, hot pink hydrangea, and light pink hydrangea mixed.
  • I have no idea what color it will be. I need to find a florist immediately.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_color-bouquet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:7d9f12b4-ca7e-41cd-85e3-25929057cb55Post:8882a0f4-a9c4-4d91-9be3-21b71e5f3324">Re: What color is your bouquet?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks everyone.... so here is what I am now thinking..... Bridesmaids with bright pink roses and gerber daisies: Then I will carry this bouquet: I feel like the pink color is being lost in my wedding... almost everything is ivory and navy. What do you ladies think?
    Posted by chelseakopperud[/QUOTE]

Chelsea, I love it! My BMs are wearing black dresses and carrying hot pink flowers so it is kind of similiar... the flowers are going to pop, it will look amazing =)
  • I haven't fully decided yet, but I think I'm going to have white with pops of different shades of purple. OR shades of purple and pink, no white. Idk yet.
  • Chelsea, I'm kind of doing the opposite of you.  My BMs will be in navy dresses and carrying white calla lilies tied in the blue fabric from their dresses.  I'm carrying hot pink calla lilies tied in the ivory from my dress.  I love the way the navy and hot pink look together but I also wanted my bouquet to stand out so I thought this looked nice.

I voted for the bouquet being my wedding colors but I had only picked the navy color until I picked the flowers so I guess pink became one of my "wedding colors".  The centerpieces will have hot pink flowers in them too.
    Anniversary
  • I thought I wanted a colored bouquet (yellows,blues and greens) to match my bridesmaids. When I met with my florist, she showed me she can make an all white bouquet with the same flowers and I LOVED it. Switched to a white one and it made my mom quite happy.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_color-bouquet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:7d9f12b4-ca7e-41cd-85e3-25929057cb55Post:bbd627a3-0b0b-4f6f-a15f-3154d7f43b8f">Re: What color is your bouquet?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ours are a combination of oranges and browns although our colors are green and brown. When we initially talked to the florist, they had some brownish/orangish (I really don't know if those are words) roses in the same box as our brown roses for the demo. We loved them! We're using all roses on a trim of peacock feathers; there will be a few shots of green in there too...all in all not too bad. <strong>What will you do for the centerpieces? Another pink? It looks really pretty in the pic</strong>
    Posted by melntaitt[/QUOTE]

We are doing our own centerpieces...so we are doing dark pink roses for sure... and if I go with gerber daisies we will get those, but if we go with peonies in the bouquets we will stick with just roses for the centerpieces. But the centerpieces will be all pink.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_color-bouquet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:7d9f12b4-ca7e-41cd-85e3-25929057cb55Post:12527d91-8efb-4cbd-9fc2-693e265fae64">Re: What color is your bouquet?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What color is your bouquet? : Chelsea, I love it! My BMs are wearing black dresses and carrying hot pink flowers so it is kind of similiar... the flowers are going to pop, it will look amazing =)
    Posted by Kfudge0714[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I am excited about it.  I have been SO back and forth on this. I feel like I need like 4 different bouquets to carry around throughout the night! haha!! I love your shoes BTW!
  • Mine will be mostly ivory with touches of light pink (one of our wedding colors). This is the inspiration pic I gave to our florist:

Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_color-bouquet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:7d9f12b4-ca7e-41cd-85e3-25929057cb55Post:fc061207-fca2-406e-bd7c-ef8eb4ffdcfc">Re: What color is your bouquet?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm doing different shades of green with about 5 different flowers/plants. 
    Posted by daria24[/QUOTE]

I'm doing this too! The BM bouquets will also be green, but lighter shades and with white/ivory mixed in.

For those who are doing all-white bouquets with a <strong>white</strong> dress, just a word of caution - the flowers will look ivory against the pure white of the dress. If your dress is ivory, I think it should match wonderfully.
    Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards