June 2012 Weddings
Options

Not really checks, but a few things that made me happy this weekend :)

So, a little background:

My mom was born and raised Catholic, and while we aren't practicing any more she still holds onto their values. So, I asked back in April if I could move in with FI (still in school). She said absolutely not, unless I wanted to take over my car payments and insurance and gas and phone bill. When her and my dad were engaged my dad lived in her apartment and she lived at home. I live an hour away from home so that wouldn't work.

What I ended up doing was basically moving in with FI, but I got a cheap studio apartment with a friend that my mom thinks I'm living in.

So, fast-forward to yesterday. FI's lease is up in March and we're starting to look at houses, because buying a house would be the best financial decision for us. I've been worried what my mom would say about it, so I've been waiting for her to ask what I'm doing when my lease is up in December.

Well, she asked yesterday and I told her our plans, and she's all for it! It's such a weight off my shoulders to know that she thinks it's a good idea.

Also, our STDs, invites, RSVP cards and TY cards came in! They look great and a few STDs have been doled out already :)

Lastly, FI and I were talking about getting a joint bank account today. We're both switching banks soon, so while normally I'd say to wait till we got married, if we're both planning to switch why not get a joint? He's still going to keep his other account until we move (he doesn't want to get tons of checks for an address that we won't be at a few months from now), but after we move he'll close that account :)

Anyways, sorry that got long! Just wanted to share :)
Photobucket Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards