June 2012 Weddings

Music ideas for father daughter dance?

I am looking for something that isn't mushy but still slow and pretty.

Background: My parents are divorced and he didn't raise us. I love him dearly, but something like " I love her first" is too much, I think....

I am open to all suggestions! :D
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Music ideas for father daughter dance?

• I'm kind of in the same situation with my dad. I'm using Unforgettable by Nat King Cole. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1UEzL9poPM

White Knot

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • does your dad dance at all? you guys could make it something fun, no one said it has to be a slow dance. If you are not that close something fun & upbeat might be the most comfortable (without feeling like a lie with a song like "i loved her first")
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Dream Honeymoon/Actual Honeymoon Disneyworld Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Ive been thinking about skipping the whole father daughter dance, we speak to each other but we are not super close.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am in the same sort of situation ... not close with my dad at all... (I was alot closer to him when I was younger.

I was thinking "Isn't she lovely" by Stevie Wonder it has nothing to do with a father daugther relationship although Stevie Wonder wrote it for his daugther the day he was born

I am also thinking about "Lullaby" by Billy Joel. Its more about a younger girl and her father, which would be perfect becasue thats when we were close.

I feel your pain. This was a stress for me as well!

Wedding Countdown TickerImage and video hosting by TinyPic">" /> Bouquet Inspiration
  • He is not a dancer. Although that would be fun. :)

We are fairly close, but he isn't a "father figure" if that makes any sense?

Great ideas, I will have to check them out. :D
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • isn't she lovely is a nice song :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Dream Honeymoon/Actual Honeymoon Disneyworld Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am not close with my dad anymore. I used to be when I was younger as well. We will be dancing to "You're My Best Friend" by Queen because that is the song he used to sing to me as a baby.   :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards