June 2012 Weddings
Options

Good news for me :) (long)

Lately i have had a lot of crappy stuff happening which has put a damper on my spirits and wedding plans. I had a week straight where i had no good news, nothing good happen and no end in site, it got worse and worse. (don't feel sorry for me we all go through that) THEN..........

Friday came, the weekend was great, went to the party store for ideas, found out we can go to the summer festival i want to go to so bad. Then hubby brings home a letter (addressed to his brother who got married last year lol) from his parents from our venue.

We are not having some fancy place, i need a place big enough to hold a lot of people and we are in a small town, i don't want it in the city, so we are having it at the community hall (which is nice, its decorated even already) and if you book your social and wedding together would get a discount of $200 on the wedding, bringing it from $600 down to $400 so i booked it for both dates.

Our local MLCC (liquor commision) requires security at socials, which is perfectly fine, the hall has now put it into their policy to contract security to this company i had already hired, from 9-1 for $420 and lowered the hall rental to $480 for a total of $900!!! I am now saving about $275 on my social, for the extra hour of security alone would have been $105, plus they have a better price through the hall. I am so excited to be saving the cash. It may not seem like much but for a fundraiser like that saving money is awesome :). This week has been turning around.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Dream Honeymoon/Actual Honeymoon Disneyworld Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards