June 2012 Weddings

Bachelorette Party - WWYD?

So my FI and I have just made some new friends that we really like in our new city (one of FI's coworkers and his GF). We went wine tasting over the weekend and I have lunch with the girlfriend, J, and we really like them. We recently decided that we will be inviting them to our wedding (if they care to go all the way to Hawaii).

So, I'm trying to decide if I should invite J to my bachelorette party in Vegas at the end of May. We really did just start hanging out with them a few months ago, but she's pretty much my only friend I see outside of work in this new city, and I would really like to continue being friends with her.

So what do you think? Should I invite her? I realize that even if I invite her, she may not come, but should I make the gesture?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Bachelorette Party - WWYD?

• Yes- why not! :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited January 2012
    You are inviting them to the wedding, right? Then sure, I think that's nice.
  • Why not?  I am sure she would be flattered.  I would just make sure she doesn't feel pressured to go since it isn't local.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • It won't hurt to ask! I think it would be a nice gesture, like you said.
    A+K
    "Be who God meant you to be and you will set the world on fire."
    --St. Catherine of Siena
  • I think that is a great way to show her that you are really enjoying the friendship you two have started.  Sounds like a fun party too :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    June 2012 April Siggy Challenge: Rings
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_bachelorette-party-wwyd?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:e14bc9f5-d741-4f34-9729-4d570df7e40cPost:3605d5b2-5637-413a-bbd7-33aca492a0d3">Re: Bachelorette Party - WWYD?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Why not?  I am sure she would be flattered.  I would just make sure she doesn't feel pressured to go since it isn't local.
    Posted by Sarah0335[/QUOTE]
    agree with Sarah. I am sure she would love to go!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Why not? If she can't come, at least you offered! I'm sure it will make her feel good just by the thought.
  • That's a really sweet gesture and I'm sure she would love it! Go for it!
    Vacation White Knot
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards