African American Weddings
Options

Question of the Day

First of all, HAPPY VETERANS DAY!!!

Question of the Day
Do you have any family in the service?  What branch?  Would you ever consider joining the military?
AAW June 2011 Siggy Challenge : "Daddy and Me"

Photobucket

Wedding Planning Blog (Updated 10/18/10)

Re: Question of the Day

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I have two cousins, two uncles that was and my only brother that wants to join. I think all Army. I once considered the Air Force while in High School, but was not willing to go through with it.
    My Wedding Planning Bio (Updated January 24, 2011)
    Created by Wedding Favors
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AAW May Siggy Challenge: Picture of Me and My mom! image 170 Made the cut Happy smiley!
    image 102 Making the Trip to Atlanta Smiley!
    image 64 Can't make the trip to Atlanta Smiley!
    image 6 Can't decide or won't let us know Smiley!
    R.S.V.P Deadline April 30th!!! SMH!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am from San Antonio, which is a city with a huge military population because we have so many bases.  In my family my grandfather, my uncles, my dad, step-dad, many of my cousins, and now FI have all done at least some time in the military and they cover all branches except for the Marines.  I did ROTC in high school and planned on going into the military, but the field I wanted to go in was not a need for the military so I let go of that dream.  Then, when I finished undergrad I was going to go into the army for the physical therapy program, but I was put on the wait list and I decided not to go (to the relief of my mom lol) and ended up coming to Oklahoma where FI is stationed to go to school.  I still think about joining sometimes, but I probably won't.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I come from a military family. My father, uncle, aunt, cousins, grandfather, great grandfather and so on were all in the service. Every branch we covered and served proudly. I also served in the Army. Best thing to do when you are young I think. Teaches you the value of family and believing in yourself.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My stepfather was in the Army. One of my friends is in the Army. I considered joining this year.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Father - Vietnam vet (reminds me - I need to call him); two Uncles - retired military.; several cousins; two ex-boyfriends; late brother-in-law.  I think they were all Army.....

I thought about joining the Air Force in college but I let my ex-boyfriend talk me out of it.... (he was Army reserve at the time)
    Anniversary Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • Options
    msapril0730msapril0730 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My stepfather was a Marine, brother was in the airforce, SIL was in the airforce, and a cousin that's in the army. I considered joining the airforce, my brother actually tried to persuade me and my younger brother often to join.
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My mother served in the army reserves, my favorite aunt just retired as lietenant colonel in the army, two of my uncles were in the army, and a couple of my cousins and friends are serving now.

I never considered joining, but I really respect those who did/do. My FI talks about it from time to time because he is considering medical school and they have a lot of opportunities through the military.

Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My brother is in the Army. My cousin is in the reserves. I considered joining after I graduated from college, but I found out I was pregnant.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    desi2002desi2002 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    my dad was in the army... he almost got sent to desert storm. i never considered joining, but hubby did... for the money. but money isnt a good enough reason to enlist because it wont keep me happy when he's gone.
    BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic me and my daddy
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My FI is in the Navy and I have 3 uncles in the Army. I have never considered joining but I do want to work for the VA mostly with veterans with visual impairments and substance abuse issues. Also in my private practice I want to work with military families.
    Graphics Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
     I have been in the Army for almost 8 years.  My husband has been in the Air Force for an equal amount of time and graduated from the Air Force Academy. Both of my parents are retired Army and my grandfather was in the Navy.  One of my Uncles died in Vietnam serving as a marine as well.  We're pretty much a military family.  But I'll break my son's legs if he tries to join. LOL.
    He that findeth a wife, findeth a GOOD THING!! small2 small Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My grandfather was in the Army; no one else in my family has served...at least not that I know of. I've never considered joining, but have the utmost respect for people who choose to.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards