African American Weddings
Options

NWR: WWYD?

I had to share this with someone, so I figured I'd share it with you all since you won't know anyone involved lol.

Back in middle school and high school I had two really close friends. One was my best friend Dee, and the other was someone I had a love/hate friendship with Kita. But Kita was Dee's other best friend I guess you could say. Most of the time wherever you saw one of us, you saw the other two. We were inseperable until Kita started tripping, getting jealous, and trying to fight me every couple weeks.

Anywho, Dee had this one boyfriend from middle school that she was with on and off throughout high school. He was like a brother to me and Kita. He was like Dee's first everything, but Kita always had a thing for him and it was really weird. You don't try to get at your bff's man. That's the code. She was breaking the code.

So this morning Kita tells me that she's pregnant by Dee's ex from high school. WTF? I mean yes, we've been out of high school for 6 years, but dang. I would never date one of Dee's exes or Kita's exes because of the history and they became my big brothers.

So how do you ladies feel? Would you date your bff's first love (if you weren't engaged or married right now of course)?
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: NWR: WWYD?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    That is just messed up. Hell's no. Most of my friends are like me so there's a very good chance that if it didn't workout between my friend and her ex, it won't work out with me either.

Plus you just don't go there.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Me and my friends have total opposite taste in men, with that being said, its an unspoken rule, No exes every!
  • Options
    lca315girllca315girl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No. You NEVER date your friends exes, whether they're from the high school days or not.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic White Knot
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_nwr-hs-rears-its-ugly-head?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:0108713b-78e8-4d69-909f-ed6de3e52be9Post:bef9387b-ffce-4bda-8edf-b54bbced015c">Re: NWR: WWYD?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Me and my friends have total opposite taste in men, with that being said, its an unspoken rule, No exes every!
    Posted by MIABRIDENTAMPA[/QUOTE]

ditto opposite taste in men, which i guess it's a good thing. I hear the rule but if she has been with this guys for 6-8 years and the relationship is stable and Dee has moved on from that in I don't know how many years, then Maybe, just maybe, it can be ok....
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    @Pasma, I think it was more of a one night stand type deal, or a brief fling. Dee doesn't know and I'm not telling her. So maybe what she doesn't know won't hurt her.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Absolutely NOT
    My Planning Bio - updated 4/19/10
    Our Wedding Teasers
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    243 invited image 170 Said YES image 45 Can't party US image 28 Haven't heard from image Invitations sent out on 4/6/10 - Our RSVP date is 5/15/10 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Girl.... That's AGAINST the Girlfriend's Code of Conduct!!! on all fronts... But...she's always wanted him.... Since HS...so, she apparently never read that part of the book.... Mmmmmmm....That's just a MESS!!!! I wouldn't let her anywhere near my man!!!! Clearly... she takes no prisoners!!!!  WOW, just WOW!!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_nwr-hs-rears-its-ugly-head?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:0108713b-78e8-4d69-909f-ed6de3e52be9Post:22cf416e-c99f-4371-8209-5e6eadefcb4c">Re: NWR: WWYD?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Girl.... That's AGAINST the Girlfriend's Code of Conduct!!! on all fronts... But...she's always wanted him.... Since HS...so, she apparently never read that part of the book.... Mmmmmmm....That's just a MESS!!!! I<strong> wouldn't let her anywhere near my man!!!! Clearly... she takes no prisoners!!!!</strong>  WOW, just WOW!!!!
    Posted by MAGNUM06[/QUOTE]

That's exactly why I always dated guys from places other than my hometown, and I don't take my man around any of my friends unless their male friends. You just can't trust people nowadays.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Girl... Is that not just KRAZY!!!!!  That's KRAZY!!!  Some folks will do just anything!!!!
    Just the thought of being with someone that one of my girlfriends had already been with.... Just Nasty!!!  Oh, well...

I am dropping the mic and getting off of my soap box J
  • Options
    edited December 2011

First of all THE CODE is damn near a legally binding contract!! If we friends then NEVER should u touch any boyfriends, friend with benefits, one night stands, or even potentials. Thats just crossing the line. 

Girl I was in a in HS also. I swear you was telling my story aside from the boyfriend stuff. LOL. Now I only to talk to one of them(And not that often). She is the "DEE" and the "KITA" I rarely rarely talk to her.  I feel ur pain.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_nwr-hs-rears-its-ugly-head?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:0108713b-78e8-4d69-909f-ed6de3e52be9Post:262ef0c3-4040-45a0-86ad-dd0d9f119040">Re: NWR: WWYD?</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>First of all THE CODE is damn near a legally binding contract!! If we friends then NEVER should u touch any boyfriends, friend with benefits, one night stands, or even potentials. Thats just crossing the line.</strong>  Girl I was in a in HS also. I swear you was telling my story aside from the boyfriend stuff. LOL. Now I only to talk to one of them(And not that often). She is the "DEE" and the "KITA" I rarely rarely talk to her.  I feel ur pain.
    Posted by kristi0618[/QUOTE]

I couldn't have said it better myself!!! One of my friends from college tried to hook me up with her "brother" and when I found out she had slept with said "brother" I totally flipped out on her. I'm not that type of chick. I can't even look at my friends' leftovers in any type of attractive way. That is so nasty!!!! Ewwww. Some people just act like they have no home-training.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_nwr-hs-rears-its-ugly-head?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:0108713b-78e8-4d69-909f-ed6de3e52be9Post:b158f2b6-0802-40d0-97aa-77564b777ea1">Re: NWR: WWYD?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: NWR: WWYD? : I couldn't have said it better myself!!! One of my friends from college tried to hook me up with her "brother" and when I found out she had slept with said "brother" I totally flipped out on her. I'm not that type of chick. I can't even look at my friends' leftovers in any type of attractive way. That is so nasty!!!! Ewwww. Some people just act like they have no home-training.
    Posted by missrekaeagle[/QUOTE]

I totally agree. NO HOME TRAINING. SMH
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Absolutely not I value my friendship!!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicAnniversary
  • Options
    leilahaustinleilahaustin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I could never thing about going or even thinking about being with one of my girls exs.  Too much!Undecided
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards