African American Weddings
Options

HI FRIENDS!!!!!

Yes I was shouting. lol. Hi everyone ! How is everyone doing ? Ive missed you all so much.  It seem like time just flew. Im the Mrs now Laughing. Between that, spending time with my dh and trying my hardest to get my desk back to normal. Which seem impossible at the moment.

I must say that my day went waaayy tooo quickly. Its so much that I'll just share a few tid bits. My hair dresser/sil, was in the shop doing everyones hair until 5am the night before. And still didnt finish. So she had, to do three heads plus me the morning of the wedding. Needless to say that we were late. Lol. It wasnt all of her fault. Dh's youngest daughter decided to take a super hot bath and all of her curls dropped. We all wanted to strangle her. I was completely fine until the dress went on and then I was a ball of nerves and excitement. One of my bils stood behind the altar while we where saying our vows taking pictures and looking like an out of place grooms man because the fool went and rented the same color tux as the guys, but with an orange vest.. He was there so long that I had to shoe him away. He was so in the way & trying to get attention as usual. Even the photographer wasnt completely up at the altar with us. Our dj didnt play the song that we picked for our first dance, (a baby face song) But the song she played, may have been better. (Monica, love all over me) We sang to each other and cried. Other than things being a little rushed. We had a ball !!! Ive never cried so many happy tears in my life. When its all said and done the one piece of advice I will always cherish, ,was to take a breath and enjoy it. If I wouldnt have done that, I may have missed so much. So thanks ladies !! AND our dj/friend got us a strech hummer. So after the wedding, us and 22 of our friends and family headed to AC and partied until 5am. It was the best night ever. Even though Ive learned that I am so not a cute cryer. lol

Here is the link to the sneak preview of the video:
http://64.17.147.49/Kia_and_Malcolm.html

Here is the link to the pro pics. There are a million of them, so feel free to skip around, unless your bored. lol  At the end are all of the photo booth type pictures. I have to say that they are hilarious. So if you want a laugh today, thats the perfect place to look. There are so many that sometimes the screen just stops. But just logg back in.
Email: kiasturgis@gmail.com
Password: mkj0626
(lower case)

https://www.imagequix.com/vando/3/
Photobucket www.mywedding.com/malcolmandkiaforever http://aawbrides.weebly.com/

Re: HI FRIENDS!!!!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Awesome update...I love that the song mixup still brought the happy tears! My FI LOVES that song by the way...he just had me add it to our wedding website. I can't wait until I get off of work to go home to look at your pics. Congrats again Kia...time to update that email address now girl...you've got that name changed right? ;)
    AAW June Siggy Challenge
    My Daddy and Me Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Thanks !!! Yup the email is already updated and so is the name. Every time I get it changed somewhere I send a pic to my dh. Last week I sent him a pic of my company phone list. He is more excited about it than I am. Now I just have to remember to stop signing my maiden name. Lol But its so hard.

• Options
    luckyinloveazluckyinloveaz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Girl! Your ceremony was beautiful, It had me balling here at the kitchen table. Im yet to get to the pics. Cant wait for my FI to come home from work to show him your video! Gorgeous:)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Welcome back and CONGRATULATIONS!!  The pics in your siggy are beautiful!  I couldn't get into the other ones though...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I married my soulmate on 10-3-10 :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Beautiful..I loved the video. I couldn't view the pictures either.
    Thanks so much for the update!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Lucky:  Thank you ! I still get misty eyed looking at it. But my favorite part is when the pastor asked, if there is anyone how objects to this union, we will allow you to leave now. And my whole face went ghetto girl lol. I didnt know that it looked like that.

Ragnaw: was it the link, that you had a problem with ? if so i have another way in if you would like it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The other way in is

www.afpsmile.com
    -weddings
    -enter site
    -proofing sign in
    -malcolm and kia
    email: kiasturgis@gmail.com
    password: mkj0626
    (lower case)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_hi-friends?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:079f99ae-090d-4757-bcde-a558fce976cePost:70f5bedf-120c-4325-bb24-e9ad9ce75d48">Re: HI FRIENDS!!!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]The other way in is <a href="http://www.afpsmile.com" rel="nofollow">www.afpsmile.com</a> -weddings -enter site -proofing sign in -malcolm and kia email: kiasturgis@gmail.com password: mkj0626 (lower case)
    Posted by KSTURGIS[/QUOTE]

Thanks, now I can view them...awww I am so happy for you your wedding day looked lovely.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats & welcome back!!  Beautiful got me at work in tears!!!  And i love Monica, Love all over me is one of my favorites from her new album!!!   Can't pull up the pics but looking at the video was great made me feel like I was actully there dancing and evrything!!  Many blessings in your marriage you cause look so happy with each other!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, that did it!  Gorgeous!!!  Those shoes were killin too!  Congrats to you and your hubby!!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I married my soulmate on 10-3-10 :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    LOVE all of your details - your pictures are amazing.
    Everything looks GREAT.
    My Planning Bio - updated 4/19/10
    Our Wedding Teasers
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    243 invited image 170 Said YES image 45 Can't party US image 28 Haven't heard from image Invitations sent out on 4/6/10 - Our RSVP date is 5/15/10 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Congratulations!!!  Wishing you a lifetime of happiness and beyond!!!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Kia I havent looked at the pics but I checked out that video. Why I want my wedding to be FUN like yours.. OMG I so wish I coulda came to your wedding. You looked so happy and beautiful. BTW I plan on stealing your surprise first dance song. LOL. SO BEAUTIFUL!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Congrats!!! Your pictures are beautiful. You and DH looks so happy together.
  • Options
    ladylumladylum member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Loved the dress, of course! What did people say when they saw you in the red dress? Beautiful day!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Kia you looked great!  You all really had a ball at the reception.  Congrats date twin.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ladylum: the first words out of everyone mouth was OMG ! lol. But in a good way. Everyone was so amazed and shocked that I went that far out of the box.

Angela: Thank you !! Everyone loved your runner. Did you get a chance to see it in our pics ?
  • Options
    csuperstar02csuperstar02 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Love it! Looks like it was a great day. Congrats!

?Well-behaved women rarely make history.?

?PAL/PGAL Welcome!?

Untitled

?BFP #1~4.29.11 | Blighted Ovum DX~6.2.11 | D&C~6.9.11?

Dx Unicornuate Uterus 4.12

?BFP #2~10.12.12,EDD 6.27.13| 11.8.12 - no growth :(| natural m/c 11.25.12| D&C 2.8.13 ?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    O*M*G!!!  Kia I was sitting here in the living room with tears of joy for you and FI...I mean DH!!!  Then I was laughing, then when the reception started, I was dancing to Chubb Rock and yelling "Apache, jump on it, jump on it!!!"  LOL  BTW- Whoever the groomsman was dancing to Chubb Rock had me cracking up with the throwback dance!  OMG, this vid totally made me excited for you and my upcoming day!!

God's blessings to you and DH.

Oh yeah, soooooo, if ya went to AC afterwards, did ya get to get it in with DH before or after!?!?  I know, TMI, but I gotta know!  LOL
    Congrats Chica!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    EEEEKKKKKKKKKKK!!!...girl you & DH were soooo cute in the sneak peak video!!!...I have to run but will check out your fab pics tomorrow...will hit you back then!...and I gotta say again YOU ROCKED THE HELL OUT OF YOUR GOWN - YOU OWNED IT CHICA!!  Laughing
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats again Kia!! I haven't seen the pics yet, but I loved the video. Your wedding day looked so fun and you two look so cute and happy together!!!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards