African American Weddings
Options

Invitations!! PIP

Hi ladies!! I haven't been posting as much but i've been reading all your wonderful accomplishments/checks!! I hate the process of invitations..I can never seem to find something I like..until now!! I found an etsy seller who can do all my invitations for such a great price. My design will be a little different than this (my scroll will be bigger), but im super excited to see it all come together with my text and color.

Photobucket

Re: Invitations!! PIP

• Options
    tyboydtyboyd member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats! And I like that.
  • Options
    cincy2011cincy2011 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    These will be beautiful!  I love the design!  I also love your flowers in your siggy - I have been feenin to have some peonies in my bouquet, but it may not be the right time of year for them!  Frown
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    sheshedukeshesheduke member
    edited December 2011
    Wow those look awesome. Do you mind sharing the rough cost? My SIL is paying for the invitations for us and I don't want just a piece of paper I want something more like what you have so I am looking for a nice price before she changes her mind on buying them for us.

TIA!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_invitations-pip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:08d74533-f1eb-4f0b-a119-5264715e2484Post:3c8df8ef-8bdc-42fb-a5d1-49f99136c57e">Re: Invitations!! PIP</a>:
    [QUOTE]These will be beautiful!  I love the design!  I also love your flowers in your siggy - I have been feenin to have some peonies in my bouquet, but it may not be the right time of year for them! 
    Posted by cincy2011[/QUOTE]

Since im getting married in September it will be almost impossible for me to have peonies as well..but a girl can dream right? I told my florist that I didn't care if he had to go to China to get them..I want peonies!!!
    Photobucket

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_invitations-pip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:08d74533-f1eb-4f0b-a119-5264715e2484Post:bb9bbf62-ce30-4fb7-b9b4-6435f3fd13df">Re: Invitations!! PIP</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wow those look awesome. Do you mind sharing the rough cost? My SIL is paying for the invitations for us and I don't want just a piece of paper I want something more like what you have so I am looking for a nice price before she changes her mind on buying them for us. TIA!
    Posted by shesheduke[/QUOTE]

We have 102 guests and we need about 55 invites but im ordering 60 invites. Its going to cost us $300 dollars for them (includes:pocketfold, invitation, 4 inserts, belly band, custom logo, outer envelope and assembly)..unless I DIY them..they would have been even more by other graphic designers i've talked to (about $600).
    Photobucket

• Options
    edited December 2011
    WOW that is awesome I wish I could cut our guest list because that is going to cost me a ton with the 130 invites we are going to need. Geesh I might not send an invite to immediate family or to the people in the bridal party lol that would be bold but it would save me a ton of money!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_invitations-pip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:08d74533-f1eb-4f0b-a119-5264715e2484Post:75005a10-3597-40e4-a500-09de1d1acf61">Re: Invitations!! PIP</a>:
    [QUOTE]WOW that is awesome I wish I could cut our guest list because that is going to cost me a ton with the 130 invites we are going to need. Geesh I might not send an invite to immediate family or to the people in the bridal party lol that would be bold but it would save me a ton of money!

Omg that is a lot of invitations! How many guests are you having? You aren't sending them to everyone right? Just one per household?
    Photobucket

• Options
    tyboydtyboyd member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_invitations-pip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:08d74533-f1eb-4f0b-a119-5264715e2484Post:75005a10-3597-40e4-a500-09de1d1acf61">Re: Invitations!! PIP</a>:
    [QUOTE]WOW that is awesome I wish I could cut our guest list because that is going to cost me a ton with the 130 invites we are going to need. Geesh I might not send an invite to immediate family or to the people in the bridal party lol that would be bold but it would save me a ton of money!

Better buy some pockets from Cards and Pockets!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Beautiful invites! Love the choice in colors!

Get your Pregnancy Tickers

Baby Gender Predictor

• Options
    msapril0730msapril0730 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Love them! Whose the seller?
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_invitations-pip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:08d74533-f1eb-4f0b-a119-5264715e2484Post:636a3efe-f76f-4dc3-b2c8-7d007e639b81">Re: Invitations!! PIP</a>:
    [QUOTE]Love them! Whose the seller?
    Posted by msapril0730[/QUOTE]

Etsy seller inkedpaper
    Photobucket

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Very nice!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are sending out one per household but I have a ton of family that is not coming but  I have to send them an invite according to my parents. I told them it is not necessary if they are not coming and my mom is like they are still going to send something so you have to send them an invite. I thought I would just send something from Vistaprint if I have to do it but I don't want some of the family members that are coming to show them the real invite and then they will be pissed that they got a wacker version.

HOT MESS I know
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_invitations-pip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:08d74533-f1eb-4f0b-a119-5264715e2484Post:526e8a08-61a5-495b-8efc-0f94b0fba9f7">Re: Invitations!! PIP</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are sending out one per household but I have a ton of family that is not coming but  I have to send them an invite according to my parents. I told them it is not necessary if they are not coming and my mom is like they are still going to send something so you have to send them an invite. I thought I would just send something from Vistaprint if I have to do it but I don't want some of the family members that are coming to show them the real invite and then they will be pissed that they got a wacker version. HOT MESS I know

Wow! That sucks..yea my grandmother tried to suck me in to sending out extra invites to people SHE said will not come. I told her I don't want to send invites to people who may randomly decide to come and it also looks like im just trying to get a gift out of them, which is not what I wanna do. She quickly dropped it so I have MY guest list..not my grandmothers!
    Photobucket

• Options
    EsquireJLEsquireJL member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Nice invites.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    M1ssJM1ssJ member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Those are nice. and shesduke Im in your shoes I'm looking at 156 invites for my guest list. Im sending the bridal party postcards.
    577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
  • Options
    tjw2011tjw2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Nice invites...

Also, @shesheduke, I agree with Ty, definitely order your pockets from Cards and Pockets.  I ordered my paper and pocket items from them, but I will be doing my own invites....they work really fast.  Order samples before placing a huge order. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Very Nice!!!
    My Wedding Planning Bio (Updated January 24, 2011)
    Created by Wedding Favors
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AAW May Siggy Challenge: Picture of Me and My mom! image 170 Made the cut Happy smiley!
    image 102 Making the Trip to Atlanta Smiley!
    image 64 Can't make the trip to Atlanta Smiley!
    image 6 Can't decide or won't let us know Smiley!
    R.S.V.P Deadline April 30th!!! SMH!
  • Options
    happe2getherhappe2gether member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Looks good!!

Do you mind sharing the mad libs and seating charts templates?
    Thx!
    80 said yes image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards