Washington-Seattle
Options

Question?

Hi ladies,I'm already married and I'm not quite sure what to do with my dress. Thinking about selling it but don't know where to start.So I guess my questions are :1. Is it a good idea to sell your dress? What do you ladies do or plan to do with your dress?2. If I do decide to sell it where's a good place to go?Thank you much

Re: Question?

• Options
    KammKamm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am either going to sell my dress because I doubt any future possible child will not want to wear it or do a Trash The Dress photo session.  Blue Sky Bridal is a nice store in the U-District that will sell used dresses http://www.blueskybridal.com/sell.htmlOtherwise there is Bravo Bride or posting a link on the Trash to Treasure board
  • Options
    jesgregjesgreg member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You could sell it on a site like oncewed.com. 
  • Options
    jeannigirljeannigirl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Donating it is also another great idea, to help other brides who can't afford one. I probably will go that route. Not sure has to what organizations do that, but I'll bet someone will see my response and know that info.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    jeannigirl - page UWHuskygirl, I know she wanted to donate her gown.My dress is being paid for my sister, my dad, and my mom. I know if I have a daughter, she won't be the same size as me or won't have the same taste. I plan on selling my dress and divvying up the money to give back to my family.Selling places: oncewed, bravobride, eBay, TK Trash to Treasure board, Craigslist
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think it's a great idea!  My FMIL still has her dress, she kept it in case her daughter would want to use it.  She got married in the 70's and wow- it would definitely be a retro dress.  :) Styles change through the years and dresses may or may not be used.  Or I know some girls get theirs made into something else like a quilt or something. . . ?As for selling, it depends on if you want the money back directly.  If you need the money, I would go the Craigslist route-  If not, I think the donation sites that are set up are great places for folks that don't have any money for their wedding.
  • Options
    valent86valent86 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you for the great ideas ladies :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards