African American Weddings
Options

I'm am learning more and more...

That you just cannot rely on some people. My SIL and my older brother were supposed to be in the wedding. Now they seem to be avoiding the topic and me altogether. I've done so much for them in every way and I kinda hoped I could at least count on them in return. My brother was supposed to be the best man seeing as I met FI through him and they are supposed to be good friends. Oh well, lesson learned. My MOH/cousin will be the only girl by my side. I'm not really down about it. Just had to let it out I guess. You live and you learn...

Re: I'm am learning more and more...

• Options
    Awww am sorry Shay:(( but as U said, we all live and learn and forgive people so U don't carry around the hurt/grudges and that's the hardest. Will pray U find a peaceful spot. Hugs.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thats ppl being ppl for u....ive learned to lower y expectations and still continue to be the best person i can be.....dont let it phase you as you have so much to look forward to.....i happy they showed u now and not later....like the day of
    ****The Future Mrs. Ikeard**** wedding countdown
  • Options
    In Response to Re:I'm am learning more and more...:[QUOTE]Thats ppl being ppl for u....ive learned to lower y expectations and still continue to be the best person i can be.....dont let it phase you as you have so much to look forward to.....i happy they showed u now and not later....like the day of Posted by aquari0216[/QUOTE] Couldn't had said it better...
    Mrs. Mosley 2 be
  • Options
    What she said In Response to Re:I'm am learning more and more...:[QUOTE]Thats ppl being ppl for u....ive learned to lower y expectations and still continue to be the best person i can be.....dont let it phase you as you have so much to look forward to.....i happy they showed u now and not later....like the day of Posted by aquari0216[/QUOTE]
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_im-am-learning-more-and-more?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:0c914ea5-9ac1-4995-8344-8027e107e7e8Post:130fa9c5-70e3-4d17-8488-ef63ba6cfa90">Re: I'm am learning more and more...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thats ppl being ppl for u....ive learned to lower y expectations and still continue to be the best person i can be.....dont let it phase you as you have so much to look forward to.....i happy they showed u now and not later....like the day of
    Posted by aquari0216[/QUOTE]

Too true! Thanks ladies!
  • Options
    Girl.its must be the time of the BP trying to doom the day. FI brother at the last minute said he didnt want to be in it. Then another GM was to meet FI and the BM at the tux shop he never showed up or called FI . My MOH/ lil sister boyfriend was to be an usher we have upgraded him to a GM. it amazes me how people can be inconsiderate. I agree with aquari.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_im-am-learning-more-and-more?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:0c914ea5-9ac1-4995-8344-8027e107e7e8Post:6af0dce7-3329-4c63-9264-a21764680407">Re:I'm am learning more and more...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Girl.its must be the time of the BP trying to doom the day. FI brother at the last minute said he didnt want to be in it. Then another GM was to meet FI and the BM at the tux shop he never showed up or called FI . My MOH/ lil sister boyfriend was to be an usher we have upgraded him to a GM. it amazes me how people can be inconsiderate. I agree with aquari.
    Posted by MrsBad13[/QUOTE]

sounds like I aint the only one. thanks girl
  • Options
    I'm sorry you are going through this and I am glad you are learing because that is what life is all about. I'm sure your wedding will be beautiful and special with or without them :)
    March 2013 January siggy challenge - hair inspiration Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_im-am-learning-more-and-more?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:0c914ea5-9ac1-4995-8344-8027e107e7e8Post:2aea3ebc-2bac-4e59-b513-d9e16361bf53">Re: I'm am learning more and more...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm sorry you are going through this and I am glad you are learing because that is what life is all about. I'm sure your wedding will be beautiful and special with or without them :)
    Posted by kitad05[/QUOTE]

aww thanks!
  • Options
    Girl.. u r not the only one..but that doesn't make it any better.. it means we all are being treated badly by people we really value in our lives.. But as said above....live and learn.. and learn not to expect what you do someone else will remember and jump and so for you... soo sad to say.. Ohhh yeah.. I've got one too.. she still swears she is gonna b a BM.. and when I asked her why she doesnt answer when I ask her a question about the BM dress.. she replies.. I don't want to disappoint you.. I said.. u not bringing it up doesn't mean it went away..
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards