African American Weddings
Options

Semi Wedding related weave question

I'm usually not one to wear weave unless I'm getting braids, my hair is a little pass my shoulder. Usually I get braids once a year to give my hair a break from heat but my edges got pulled out a while back and so I'm trying not to get braids.  So I'm getting a full sew-in in a few weeks to give my hair a rest and my stylist gave me so brands of hair to look at but I was wondering if any of you had any that you would recommend also.  This is also a semi trail for the wedding to see if I want a full sew-in cause no matter what I get for the wedding she is gifting it to me.  So any recommendations would be a great help.
Anniversary

Re: Semi Wedding related weave question

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I recommend naturally wavy virgin indian hair. If you are relaxed it blends really well and straightens easily. It isn't cheap, but it is reusable so you'll get your monies worth.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    msapril0730msapril0730 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also like remi human hair, it looks very natural. Its on the pricey side though, about $70 a pack but it last long.

Whatever you do don't buy milky way! Its one of the worst brands of hair I've ever used! No matter what I did that stuff was a tangled mess
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with MsApril, Milky way is HORRIBLE!
  • Options
    monet7383monet7383 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm glad I read this because someone had just told me to try Milky Way.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with what the ladies have posted. I also recommend that you ask the stylist for hair recommendations based on the style you are getting. Also, ask her to recommend a hair that doesn't shed too bad...I've purchased beautiful, pricey hair in the past that looked great, but drove me crazy shedding everywhere! Good luck with finding the right hair for you.
    AAW June Siggy Challenge
    My Daddy and Me Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    msapril0730msapril0730 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_semi-wedding-related-weave-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:0d13f12d-1293-4a57-8beb-26c652606c06Post:1b06fb57-2bd0-42fb-8ea3-54e3c8ac40a5">Re: Semi Wedding related weave question</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm glad I read this because someone had just told me to try Milky Way.
    Posted by monet7383[/QUOTE]

Girl, you would have been upset! Although I'm wearing milky way 100% tangle free hair right now and so far I haven't had any issues except shed as eagles said. I wouldn't recommend this hair for wedding day!
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ladies thank so much.  With what you guys  are saying and what my stylist told me I can go to the beauty depot well informed to look for hair.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    M1ssJM1ssJ member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I agree with Milky way (the regular brand is no good) depending on how long after the wedding you want it to last I like
     Velvet remi, Saga gold , and sensual (lower end if you only want it in for a few weeks)
    577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011

TRUST ME..THE BEST HAIR TO GET IS REMY HAIR, ZURY HAIR OR SENSUAL HAIR. IF U WANT WAVY HAIR, GET SENSUAL BODY WAVE, IF U WANT IT LAYERED ALREADY GET ZURY QUATTRO PACK, IT COMES WITH 4 DIFFERENT LENGTHS IN ONE BOX.  IN THE PIC BELOW I GOT 2 DIFFERENT KINDS..THE QUATTRO PACK @ THE TOP & SENSUAL BODY WAVE IN A 16IN IN THE BACK WITH AN INVISIBLE PART

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards