African American Weddings
Options

Re-Re-Introducing Myself!

Hey, ladies!

So I've been lurking around TK and have only poked my head in here and there. That is until a few minutes ago when I read Jess' re-introduction. Smile I feel like I was reading my very own story!!!!

DJ and I have been engaged for over a year and a half and were SUPPOSED to wed on November 26th of this year. However, a HUGE fight tore us apart back in July and he called off the wedding. He said I was the craziest woman he'd ever known!!! After a few explitives.... I knew and had to admit that he was right. I had been acting like a crazed maniac! LOL! So... We asked our families to pray for us and took a little time apart. Then we came back together and made a decision that we wanted to keep our family intact and move forward...together.

So we began going to church and couples counseling to work through not only our relationship issues but other issues as well (work stress, family issues, communication problems, etc). We also admitted (Well I admitted) that planning this wedding was really ripping us apart. It was becoming about one day and not the two of us becoming one. We are so much happier now that we've decided to scale everything back to what's most important to us...becoming one.

Our new date is February 17th (yes, 2011) and although I haven't sent out invitation the first...I am not stressed about it. LOL But I will be in here bending your ears a lot over the next 50 days!!!

Re: Re-Re-Introducing Myself!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations again and welcome back.  I am so happy for you.....It is amazing how GOD can take these types of situations and turn them around.  You're correct it is about a marriage and not so much about the wedding.  I am sure yours and Jess's testimony can be a blessing for our ladies.  Thanks for shares and again congratulations on your upcoming marriage.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicAnniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Welcome back and congratulations on several things...letting go and letting God, your upcoming marriage, and on that awesome progress that I see in your weight loss ticker! You go girl! I am so happy for you!
    AAW June Siggy Challenge
    My Daddy and Me Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you, ladies!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Welcome back!! So happy that you two are getting the help and encouragement that you needed. Your day will be here before you know it!
    My Wedding Planning Bio (Updated January 24, 2011)
    Created by Wedding Favors
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AAW May Siggy Challenge: Picture of Me and My mom! image 170 Made the cut Happy smiley!
    image 102 Making the Trip to Atlanta Smiley!
    image 64 Can't make the trip to Atlanta Smiley!
    image 6 Can't decide or won't let us know Smiley!
    R.S.V.P Deadline April 30th!!! SMH!
  • Options
    sadou02sadou02 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome back and congratulations on moving forward.
    image139 Made the list!
    image 107 Are ready to party!
    image 32 Will be missing out!
    image 0 Are getting on my nerves!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Welcome back and Congrats! You will be fine because you are a beautiful Scorpio and we are the best, lol!
    218806_0122 - Copy2011-10-239513.10.15 Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    LSASLSAS member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats and welcome back!!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    prncszprncsz member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats and welcome back!! God is truly good!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers PersonalMilestone Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Love to hear these stories!! Congrats on working it out & welcome back. Yes planning a wedding can cause one to lose focus of the relationship. Whew....don't I know..lol! Good luck with everything Smile
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am so happy to hear another true testament with help from the man above that all is possible! Be good to eachother and love one another with all you have. Welcome back to the wedding planning and have fun with it =)
  • Options
    csuperstar02csuperstar02 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome back. Glad to hear things are working out.

?Well-behaved women rarely make history.?

?PAL/PGAL Welcome!?

Untitled

?BFP #1~4.29.11 | Blighted Ovum DX~6.2.11 | D&C~6.9.11?

Dx Unicornuate Uterus 4.12

?BFP #2~10.12.12,EDD 6.27.13| 11.8.12 - no growth :(| natural m/c 11.25.12| D&C 2.8.13 ?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you all so much!!!!

(Sorry for the delay in replying. They have blocked ALL message boards/forums from my job so I have to wait until I get home.)

summer - We ARE the best!!! Smile

Jess - You really encouraged me to share my testimony. It just goes to show, you never know how God will use you.

lil01 - Don't I know it??? I'm so happy that we were able to get our focus back on us and our family.

Yas - I keep watching my ticker and thinking, "Girl, get it together!!!!" Time is flying and my wonderful father not-so-sweetly reminded me of that today. LOL

Okay... Tomorrow is the last day of my quarter at work. It would have been today but there is never any rest for the weary so only a few departments are actually working tomorrow on a COMPANY HOLIDAY! Yes! Hmph! LOL But after I unwind and let go some this weekend, I'm kicking all my planning back into high gear and getting it done.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards