African American Weddings
Options

Bridal Portraits Question

I posted this on my local board... for whatever reason. lol. But I wanted to ask you guys.

I have a question:
Do you have to take your bridal portraits in the same location of your ceremony/reception? Can't you take those prior to the wedding at a different location of your liking?

{Sorry if this is a stupid question.Embarassed}

Re: Bridal Portraits Question

• Options
    cincy2011cincy2011 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey girl!  I don't know anything about it, but Tam Tam just took bridal pics so I'm sure she can help!  
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    tyboydtyboyd member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Ms. Cincy! And I found your ETSY lady... I might have to have those bridesmaid dresses! Would you be mad? lol, If so, I'll find something else. Wink
  • Options
    cincy2011cincy2011 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Girl, OF COURSE NOT!!  I would love it if we both had those BM dresses!  And that goes for anyone else on the AAW Board - I am so not into the whole "I'm the only one that can have this at my wedding" mentality!  I wasn't the first and definitely won't be the last bride to pick that dress and I'm fine with that.  I am so pleased with the dresses - they came in a box and once I pulled them out I noticed that they don't wrinkle at all!  I highly recommend them for the price and versatility.  And the seller was very accommodating!  Overall it was a great experience - let me know if you end up working with her!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    tyboydtyboyd member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_bridal-portraits-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:0fb74435-2597-4bc5-a931-d723cafba1c8Post:73c6f2ca-0360-4b2e-bb6b-8a2d705d5bf2">Re: Bridal Portraits Question</a>:
    [QUOTE]Girl, OF COURSE NOT!!  I would love it if we both had those BM dresses!  And that goes for anyone else on the AAW Board - I am so not into the whole "I'm the only one that can have this at my wedding" mentality!  I wasn't the first and definitely won't be the last bride to pick that dress and I'm fine with that.  I am so pleased with the dresses - they came in a box and once I pulled them out I noticed that they don't wrinkle at all!  I highly recommend them for the price and versatility.  And the seller was very accommodating!  Overall it was a great experience - let me know if you end up working with her!
    Posted by cincy2011[/QUOTE]

YAY! I showed Babe and he likes them. So, I'm trying to pick colors with turquois. lol. And I think I want to get one for myself too. Heck, why not?!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Most take their bridal pictures before the wedding (usually 6-8 weeks before) and they can be taken at the location of your choice.  Most take them at a different location, but I don't think it matters.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicAnniversary
  • Options
    tyboydtyboyd member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_bridal-portraits-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:0fb74435-2597-4bc5-a931-d723cafba1c8Post:a8dae90c-c5ae-4965-8c43-dc2778683a27">Re: Bridal Portraits Question</a>:
    [QUOTE]Most take their bridal pictures before the wedding (usually 6-8 weeks before) and they can be taken at the location of your choice.  Most take them at a different location, but I don't think it matters.
    Posted by PB-Bride2010[/QUOTE]

Thank you. There's this BEAUTIFUL venue here that I would have LOVED to have the wedding at, but their prices were ridiculous to me! But I would love to take my bridals there.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_bridal-portraits-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:0fb74435-2597-4bc5-a931-d723cafba1c8Post:3ce09977-cdf1-4d9b-9d9c-fa459a8048f0">Re: Bridal Portraits Question</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bridal Portraits Question : Thank you. There's this BEAUTIFUL venue here that I would have LOVED to have the wedding at, but their prices were ridiculous to me! But I would love to take my bridals there.
    Posted by tyboyd[/QUOTE]

You're welcome...I'm glad you found a place for your bridal pictures!!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicAnniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards