African American Weddings
Options

****POLL-When does your hubby want a baby????

*WHEN DOES YOUR FI/HUBBY WANT A BABY??I'm back and with a serious poll question.........I'm sure you all have talked with your fi and hubbys about the baby making...and how long you BOTH are willing to wait,if your waiting.... Well my hubby wants to wait another 4-5 long years before we both have our 1st born child...I'm willing to wait but,NOt that long...only 2-3 years for me.So,we go back and forth about this ALL THE TIME! Its a headache,but we''ll work it out one day...lolHow long are you and your boo wanting to wait??Or are you trying right now??ARe you guys on the same page or conflicting??

Re: ****POLL-When does your hubby want a baby????

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Fi wants a baby IMMEDIATELY! I'm willing to accomodate cause I would like to be done with the baby making by the age of 32 (that's in 2 1/2 more years! After that, this factory is closed! I can say that because I have 2 girls of my own, 10 & 5. He has none, so we are looking forward to sharing that experience.
  • Options
    jbcurtis05jbcurtis05 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's understandable I see were both of you are coming from...Im 26 and no kids,hubby is almost 28 no kids...so I'm gonna be itching really soon for that first one! lol :-)
  • Options
    ChristynahChristynah member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Niether one of us have kids yet, but we want to wait like 2 years after we are married. Plus he wants one before we are 30, and in a way I do agree with him because I'm going to be an old mom. =(. I also I told him I want a house before we have a child so once we get a house I'm all for having a baby.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It's a tough subject but it's definitely something you want to agree on. Since your max and his minimum time frame aren't too far off maybe give it 4 years max and call it even?? You have PLENTY of time either way! GL!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    FI wants one like yesterday, lol.  I would rather wait or year or two.  He really wants one now. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    missjones2009missjones2009 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    He wouldn't mind now, but we decided to try and wait maybe 2 years @ the most. That would be smarter for us.
  • Options
    trevette1981trevette1981 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    VERY pretty pictures!He wants one right now! We're not engaged yet, but he's baby crazy for some reason. He needs to calm down.LOL BUT, he knows I don't plan to get pregnant until we say I do and we stop on our way to our room to get a quickie in.LOL
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We've agreed that we want to wait at least 4-5 years (when we're around 30). Our roadblock is how many to have. lol. I want one. He insists on four. That would have me pregnant for the better part of my 30s!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Soon after the wedding and graduations in Dec. 2010.  We are both in our thirties so we are both anxious.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm 26 Fi 25. We are getting married next year so we both agree a year or two after the wedding, we having some babies. I really would like to have twins to have my 2 and get it on out the way!!!!! Two is the limit.
  • Options
    Panda16Panda16 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We agreed to at least five yours from now... meaning about 4 years after marriage... meaning when I'm about 28. I don't want to wait too long but we'll see.
  • Options
    adgenyaadgenya member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Chris wants a baby right away. As long as we have our house by the time he/she is born, I'm cool with that.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    @ Panda -age 28 is a good age,that is my ideal age..but that would be in about 2 years for me,and my hubby is so against it,but well see...he is so "not into the daddy thing" right now..he has close friends who have kids and are telling him all these negative things that have "scared" him!!! lol...Either way its coming before I turn 30 (I hope)...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are not waiting at all. I will be 31 the day after our wedding and I have endometriosis so time is not on our side. Neither of us have children and we already own a home so why wait.
    pregnancy Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We aint THINKING bout no kids!! LOL I want to travel and enjoy!! (though talk to me in like a year...lol)
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    @ Romey- LOL! I feel you,Im trying to get my travel right now.... and for the nxt 2 yrs until...:-)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Fi and I want one now.  I have even gone there and stopped taking birth control.  Yikes!I'm 30 and fi is 29, so we'd like to go ahead and get started.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Panda16Panda16 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    JB-  28 is pretty ideal for me too because he just wants us to be somewhat financially stable first. Right now, we're building our careers. My mom was 29 when she got married and 31 when she had me (i'm the first born). I understand that they waited but I don't want to wait that long. FI wants to wait till he's about 32 (he's turning 26 this year). I told him he's tripping.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    @ Panda - I understand,my hubby wants us to be financially set,and right now is def NOT the time...so Im cool with waiting but not too long...your fi wants to wait til hes 32? lol...thats too long (but sounds like my hubby) he wants to be 32 (which is another 5 yrs from now)also...your rigghtt they both tripping! lol
  • Options
    Panda16Panda16 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    LOL... with all this baby talk, I don't wanna jinx myself! This is all in the plan right now but God always has a bigger one!I must say I'm happy to see so many wonderful engaged/married couples looking to make a great life for their young ones! They're the ultimate blessing and I just want to give them the best and I didn't even meet them yet!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Right now, but I've convinced him to wait at least a year until after we get married.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If it was left up to FI we would have had a baby long before now. FI is 35 no kids, I am 37 with kids. I am not putting the cart before the horse. meaning, we will definitely be married and our finances will be in order. He is always saying things happen and never go as planned and I understand that however, I do not want to bring a child in this world I am not ready for. So he agreed with me to wait a year after we are married then try (provided finances are good or at least improving).
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    NELCORPNELCORP member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had plan to have one right after the wedding but the baby came first, so my order is now conceive, wed, birth baby. But it's all good.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Well my FI is almost 30.. and before his 29th bday in January he wanted to start trying for a baby.. we did up until April.. we just figured it just wasn't meant to be.. but I'll figure that we may have our first child before our March 2011 wedding which is fine with me. I had never wanted children before, but since my FI wants some I'll do it for him(well try to @ least).
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    FI and I have decided not to "set a date" whenever it happens it happens..
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I want to start 6 months after the wedding and fiance wanted to start in 3 years, so we decided to start sometime around our 1 year wedding Anniversary. I'd like to be pregnant with my first child when I am 28. I am 27 and fiance is 31 (just turned 31 today)
    Expecting our 16 year Dating Anniversary baby on 11/11/11! BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    gigi3002gigi3002 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I want one YESTERDAY!! Fi wants one in 2 years. This is more realistic, but Ive baby fever and am NOT tryna here it.  I like being spoiled though and am not ready to give up a few things yet so...2 years it will be.  We will be 26 then- not bad
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oooh yall making me feel so old. Some of yall some young whippasnappahs. LOL We are going to try again officially in 10 days, lol. I'm hoping it happens this month, or in the next month. We're just doing that one and then we're done. He has a 7 yeard old and a 21 year old. I'll be 38 in December and he'll be 46.
  • Options
    KenyagraceKenyagrace member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My Husband wanted a baby years ago! We are going to start trying spring of 2010 We are 30 & 35 - he doesn't want to be an old daddy! I'll be 31 in November, so I think its time to start
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    FI wants us to start trying on our wedding night. He def. wants a baby within our 1st yr. of marriage.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards