African American Weddings
Options

When your FI proposed was anyone else...

confused for a second?  I was just reading Spim's bio (BTW it's nice, I love the quotes you included) and I was reading about her proposal.  She said it took a minute to realize what was happening at first.  I was the same way.  I couldn't shut up during my proposal, I just kept saying "what are you doing" and "is this for real?"  I mean we had discussed marriage at length, but I guess it was hard to believe it was really happening.  Trust me, I'm no dizzy broad, but I was truly having a ditzy moment during the proposal.  (And poor FI was probably thinking, "fool, shut up and let me do this!")  Anyone else have a similar experience?
Bio (updated 4/3/10 with invitations) AAW Board Brides
500 invitedimage 301 acceptedimage 101 declinedimage

RSVP date: April 23rd Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: When your FI proposed was anyone else...

• Options
    braxtongirlbraxtongirl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was a bit clueless as well. It happened during the 30th birthday party that I threw him and he was thanking everyone for coming. I was reminding him of people to thank. He thanked me last and said the best way he knew how to thank me was (getting down on knee) and to propose.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I definitely was clueless until he got down on one knee. mind you, he did it in a club with about 500-600 patrons there on New Years Eve. The DJ called me to the booth and turned on "single ladies" in the background and there was my FI on one knee, on the microphone pledging his love to me lol....crazyyyyy

272image Invited
    222image Accepted
    50image Can't Hang
    0 image Just won't be attending PERIOD
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Nope! it happened so fast, I had said yes before I realized the magnitude of the question.... It was like asking "do you like ice cream?" Yes! ok...  lol
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes! I was VERY confused because FI said (and I quote - even though he denies this) "don't think too much into this". So I thought it was a joke. We got engaged during a photo session and the photographer was just snapping away. I was angry at her because she wasn't giving us any direction. There FI is on one knee telling me how much I mean to him, the photographer is wiping away tears and all I can do is laugh and tell him to stop playing. I was still asking him was he for real the next day. LOL
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was a bit rude but not on purpose. When fi went to get down on one knee and opened up the ring box my first words was " that's the ring I wanted, and give me my ring." He gave me this weird look. I said sorry and yes! We went ring shopping for the millionth time months before and I told him how much I like this ring; his response was that he could not afford it. So I was a bitter butt for months following. The joke was on me at the end.

Get your Pregnancy Tickers

Baby Gender Predictor

• Options
    blue19violetblue19violet member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I laughed throughout this dude's whole proposal. I couldn't help it. It was a combination of nerves and just the weirdness of seeing him down on his knee in front of the town library - long story posted in bio. Lol, I'm surprised that he didn't pack up his ring, wipe his knee, and bounced.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Blue, I think I might have laughed too.  I am known for laughing at the most inappropriate times...usually when I am a little nervous also.
    Bio (updated 4/3/10 with invitations) AAW Board Brides
    500 invitedimage 301 acceptedimage 101 declinedimage

RSVP date: April 23rd Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    lol....I was saying the same thing....are you fa real???? are you serious.....than when I realized I was like AHHHHHH!!!. Im the ditzy one...he brought me up to the stage..called me out and everything I still had no idea until he got on his knee
  • Options
    aquarius125aquarius125 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am late but going to respond nonetheless, i was SOOO SHOCKED my FI will tell you he was down there for a minute before I said yes! I was like are you joking! Our engagement took my at our first date location..a public zoo we where at the gates about to leave and he sit down on the bench and the next thing I knew he was on one knee. Everyone was looking and we were crying together. I LOVE that dude!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards