African American Weddings

Addressing Invitations

Are you ladies personally addressing your invitations, using clear labels or what? I have heard its proper etiquette to hand write them, but we're talking 300 here. I was thinking of using clear labels and using a nice font.

Re: Addressing Invitations

• edited December 2011
    I'm handwriting them. My cousin has BEAUTIFUL handwriting and has agreed to do this for me. I don't have as many as you do though - I only have 130-150 invites and 120 save the dates (we are handwriting those too).  
  • Lady RedrumLady Redrum member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm going to personally address mine but i only have about 60. Instead of clear labels how about printing the names in a nice scrolly font directly onto the envelope. you should be able to feed your envelopes right into your home printer.
  • edited December 2011
    Lady I thought about doing that too. I'm just one of those people that don't like to do a lot of writing, especially when my carpal tunnel acts up. When the Dean told me we still had to handwrite our comp exams I looked at that fool and did a Neffie "Are You Serious" I might do an invite addressing party. If you feed them they will come. :-)
  • adgenyaadgenya member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're handwriting ours (well actually the pops is doing that), but we have about 150. Ditto on the feeding them into the printer suggestion.
  • edited December 2011
    Chile I used clear lables and printed them in a pretty script. My handwriting doesn't work for formal stuff like that!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm having ours addressed by a calligrapher, she works in conjunction with the invitation company we are using.
  • braxtongirlbraxtongirl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did the clear labels. I was going to have my mother do the calligraphy but it would have took her forever!
  • edited December 2011
    I paid someone to do the calligraphy on my outer envelope and thermography on my response envelope. Try printing directly on the envelops.
    Mr. and Mrs. Jones est. 10/18/2008
  • edited December 2011
    I'm printing clear labels in a nice funky sans serif font to match the mood of our event. The "good" clear labels usually don't stick out like the cheap ones do. GL!
  • edited December 2011
    We were able to print directly on the address, we did our address on the back flap and the guests address on the outside. It was actually very easy going and I'm glad we gave it a try.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards