African American Weddings
Options

NWR: You make me uncomfortable

I recently received a friend request on FB from a family member and was shocked because we have no relationship with each other. Growing up as kids we played like cousins but when teen years came we stopped communicating. Alot of hurtfull things has been said, and done over the past 17 yrs for no going back can remedy this, nor going forward. I don't trust her. The weird part is; we work at the same place so when I see her twice a year in the hallway, we might just say "hello" and keep it moving. Now if we don't communicate in person or by phone, why would you want to be my friend on fb? I think the only reason is to be nosey. I just want to erase all my pics, or just put blocks on pics. I know this sounds so petty, but she makes me uncomfortable. I don't know what to do, how would you handle this?

Get your Pregnancy Tickers

Baby Gender Predictor

Re: NWR: You make me uncomfortable

• Options
    EliNickEliNick member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Don't accept her.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    This is a tough one because you two are family. But if you really feel that you cannot get pass everything that has happened then decline her request. I would not take down my pics and all of that. You can lock your profile so that the only people who see it is the people you allow to see it. Send a brief message with the declined invite that right now at this moment you do not feel comfortable with adding her but thanks for sending the invite or something along those lines. you do not have to go into anymore detail than that. HTH 
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i say press IGNORE with the quickness and keep it moving...i personally think (just from your post) that she's heard you're getting married and now she wants to keep tabs on what you are up to just to be nosey...I would not hide pics on my acct cuz she wouldn't have been added as a friend...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It seems quite simple to me...don't accept her friend request and you are right. She just wants to be nosey. I deny friend request all the time...if you have already accepted her then delete her if she makes you feel that uncomfortable....
    Expecting our 16 year Dating Anniversary baby on 11/11/11! BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh yeah, you can also make it to where she can also see a limited FB page but if I were you I would just not accept it. I mean for crying out loud its not like she is going to approach you about it...hahaha
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    So True@ Wifey!!! Thanks ladies! Fi thought I should but I felt like invasion of pricacy with all my pics, posts and stuff on fb for her to read.

Baby Gender Predictor

• Options
    trevette1981trevette1981 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Do like that gum commercial- Friend request ignored.LOL She won't know and will just think you didn't see it, and y'all never talk, so what could she say to you?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    LoL. I clicked the ignored button this morning with a quickness. I feel relieved!

Baby Gender Predictor

• Options
    edited December 2011
    good job girl....let her go ahead and poke her nose in someone elses business....hahaha
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards