African American Weddings

Bridesmaids Dresses Under 150

Ladies,Has anyone found a good designer for BM dresses under 150?  I can't ask my closest friends to spend hundreds on a dress, fly across the country, get a hotel room, buy shoes, etc. - and it's not even their wedding.  I think that the least that I can do is keep the dress under 150.  Problem is, I've found one or two here or there but wanted to have them wear different styles, so I'd need about 5 from the same designer (so the color would be the same).  Tried David's Bridal, tried Watters and Watters.Any ideas?  What did you do for BM dresses (if you kept yours below 150)?

Re: Bridesmaids Dresses Under 150

• edited December 2011
    Hi! Mine are Alfred Angelo and are $140. There is a pic of them in my bio. I felt the same way and wanted to keep the price under $150. Good luck!
  • NELCORPNELCORP member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I 2nd Alfred Angelo. My girls picked a different dress all in the same color and all of them were under $150.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers image
  • adgenyaadgenya member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mori Lee, Alfred Sung, After Six, Dessy, and Jasmine Bridals (B2)
  • edited December 2011
    Mine were either B2 or Belsoie. Pics in bio. They were around $130 i think. Alfred Angelo does indeed have nice dresses as well.
  • apiffanynowapiffanynow member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I chose eden bridals.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
  • edited December 2011
    Davinci Bridesmaids, my girls dresses were $103 and $118 for plus sizes. The quality was awesome and the colors were perfect. I ordered my dresses from Bridal Mart, check there on any thing because they have the best prices in the country!
  • tamtam7tamtam7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My BMs bought their dresses from Kohl's.  I, like you, did not feel comfortable asking them to spend a ridiculous amount of money on BM dresses, because most of my ladies are out of town.  The dresses came to $65 with tax and shipping costs for those that had to have it shipped from another store.  I think the dress was actually $49.99.  It's a little trickier to buy BM dresses from a store like Kohl's because it is so hit or miss.  We got lucky though.
  • edited December 2011
    I think some Belsoie dresses are under $150. I agree with pp. I don't know of any other under $150. sorry.
  • tippytoe1981tippytoe1981 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i went to overstock.com to get mine.  it was under the brand  "Bridesmaids for Jump".  On overstock they were $53.99 + 2.95 shipping.  On the bridesmaids by jump website, the price was slightly higher.  a pic of the dress are in my bio.
  • edited December 2011
    I, too, found my dresses at Alfred Angelo... $140. Sign up for their mailing list and you might be able to snag a markdown ;)
  • edited December 2011
    My BMs are ordering Mori Lee dresses they were under $150
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks Ladies!  I don't know how come I didn't find anything before but I am going back to AA and ML.  I will also go to B2, Belsoie, Davinci Bridesmaids and Eden Bridals.  Thanks for the tip on signing up for AA mail list to hopefully get a markdown!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards