African American Weddings
Options

Check! Wait no... not yet. Aw man!

After a month of going back and forth, I finally locked in the hotel rooms for the wedding. Homewood Suites (by Hilton) for $99 a night Feb 12-16. Sweet! Plus they're throwing in a conference room for free, which I planned to use for the rehearsal dinner. Contract signed. Credit Card # held.No sooner than I hope on the interstate to get back to work (30 minutes late!) does the rep call me. I say, "Hey there! Did I forget something?" She said, "No, I did... That weekend is race weekend in Daytona..." (Daytona is about 35-45 minutes from the hotel, so it gets the guest overflow) She then says that she'll have to renegotiate my rates or get in trouble with her boss. I said, "You mean, the rates on the contract I just signed??"I pointed out that their competitors (Hampton Inn Suites) placed the some $99/night deal on the table and explained that her excellent customer service was the reason I selected her hotel. She said she had to call her boss and get back with me. That was yesterday at 1:30P... No call, no e-mail.I don't want to get her into trouble, but I don't understand how she didn't realize this in the month that we've been communicating. She even called me on her vacation to follow up with me a couple of weeks ago... FI says to wait it out. I think I'm frustrated cuz I just wanted to check it off the list, ya know?

Re: Check! Wait no... not yet. Aw man!

• Options
    MrsJJohnson2BMrsJJohnson2B member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wait it out! So with Fi !  Just be prepared! keep another company on stand by
    Anniversary
    161image 131image 10image20image RSVP Date August 1
  • Options
    winter443winter443 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's not your fault that she wasn't on top of her game.  You signed the contract for $99 and that's what you should get.
    I love my baby, yep yep, he loves this chick! imageimageimageMy Planning Bio
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You signed a contract.. why is there discussion??? I thought once you signed a contract  this means that both parties have agreed in this case on price and date.  Done deal..
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    cc previous post. You are too nice...Look at it this way, do you think if the tables were turn she would let you out of the contract?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with pp. Hold your own, you should get what you want.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    There is nothing negotiate with her!!!   That sounds like her personal problem.  Why do you care about helping the hotel make more money?  After all, they are going to make money that week-end whether you re-negotiate or not.   Please don't fall for that old sales tactic & bullshit.  To me, that is really bad-faith bargaining on her part.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    See, this is why I appreciate this board. Y'all always get me straight! You're right. If the tables were turned, I'm sure she wouldn't be worried about me. :-/  And the hotel is going to make money one way or another... I didn't hear from her today... We'll see what tomorrow brings. Thanks for the perspective, ladies.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards