African American Weddings

Well THAT has never happened

So all through out this whole wedding stuff I think I have been pretty good. My planner and family thinks something is wrong with me cause Im not all Gushy I guess...anywho...The Mistah did the tux thing on his own. I told him where to get it...the style number and even the price. All he had to do was go and get measured. I didnt get to see it on him until he texted me a pic of it yesterday. I was having a panic attack right there at work. I was like OMG thats not the tux...thats not the tux.,..lol..he was like babe IT IS...I was like no it NOT, those flaps (lol collar) is not like the picture..THATS NOT THE TUX...AND YOU GOT THE TIE IN IVORY!! Why didnt you get any kind of purple..OMG OMG WHAT WERE YOU THINKING...like I went off yall..all while trying to clock in to my 2nd job...

after all that and texting him It was the right tux...had a mini melt down...I was wondering when It would happen...smh..over the dang tux of all things..But I still think he should not have gotten the tie/vest thingy in ivory...it'll wash us out I think..oh well *shrugs shoulder*
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Well THAT has never happened

• Well hun, you might just want to let it be unless it really bothers you. You're 3 days out!!!! So exciting, its time for everything to come together now. No worries.
    Anniversary
  • What color is the tux? My DH and the GM had the gray tuxs from Men's Warehouse. The GM all had purple vests and purple ties, while DH had ivory vest and tie. He looked fine. I don't know if you read my recap but there was a link to all my pics. I'm on my cell now, but I will try to post a pic of DH next to one of the GM so you can have a better visual.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_well-that-has-never-happened?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:192571d8-8f28-4765-8fbd-94c81471105aPost:b190373a-6f52-430c-a0dd-5bdec0c8f13f">Well THAT has never happened</a>:
    [QUOTE]So all through out this whole wedding stuff I think I have been pretty good. My planner and family thinks something is wrong with me cause Im not all Gushy I guess...anywho...The Mistah did the tux thing on his own. I told him where to get it...the style number and even the price. All he had to do was go and get measured. I didnt get to see it on him until he texted me a pic of it yesterday. I was having a panic attack right there at work. I was like OMG thats not the tux...thats not the tux.,..lol..he was like babe IT IS...I was like no it NOT, those flaps (lol collar) is not like the picture..THATS NOT THE TUX...AND YOU GOT THE TIE IN IVORY!! Why didnt you get any kind of purple..OMG OMG WHAT WERE YOU THINKING...like I went off yall..all while trying to clock in to my 2nd job... after all that and texting him It was the right tux...had a mini melt down...I was wondering when It would happen...smh..over the dang tux of all things..<strong>But I still think he should not have gotten the tie/vest thingy in ivory...it'll wash us out I think..oh well</strong> *shrugs shoulder*
    Posted by kittybutton[/QUOTE]

Calm down! You'll be aight! The tux shop probably suggested to him that most grooms do white / ivory and the groomsmen add the color. I'm 95% sure that is what happened.
    image180 Made the cut!
    image 129 Ready to drop it like its HOT!
    image 7 Found something else to do
    image 44 Are just plain RUDE!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Follow Me on Pinterest November 2012 - October Siggy Challenge image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards