African American Weddings
Options

Well.....I'm back from Brazil!! (TMI)

I took a 10 minute trip to Brazil & back....lol. Just kidding!

I did it!! I got my first brazilian wax! My opinion of it...it hurt like hell. But I love the outcome. Some of the ladies on here were right, it hurts, but its quick. I took pain meds before going, but I don't think it worked for me..lol. Do I plan to go back? I'm still thinking about that one. My second time probably wouldn't be that bad though. But I'm glad I got the courage to do it. Just had to share.
I can check this off my bucket list Wink.

(Thanks Simbidi for the initial post!)
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Well.....I'm back from Brazil!! (TMI)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    yayyyyy you joined the club girl

272image Invited
    222image Accepted
    50image Can't Hang
    0 image Just won't be attending PERIOD
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Everyone of these posts gives me the courage to do it once the wedding is closer!  I think I can! I think I can! LOL 

Way to go!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Great!  I'm still debating on when.  I know I'm going to do it, I just don't know when.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    wallacjewallacje member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You go girl!!!!  Yay!!!
  • Options
    sheshedukeshesheduke member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow that is crazy I really thought your butt went to brazil I was like wow she had a delayed honeymoon but good for her lol!

I am so scared but I might work up the courage in the next 58 days lol!
  • Options
    EsquireJLEsquireJL member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    LOL, Congrats? Haha I'm way to chicken to do that. Sometimes I tear up when I get my eyebrows threaded.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    ellone400ellone400 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_wellim-back-brazil?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:195c9506-4a8d-4c88-955e-d3a1520b5a44Post:81cbdff6-7ed0-49f4-bc13-d376a6e2d920">Re: Well.....I'm back from Brazil!! (TMI)</a>:
    [QUOTE]LOL, Congrats? Haha I'm way to chicken to do that. Sometimes I tear up when I get my eyebrows threaded.
    Posted by EsquireJL[/QUOTE]

This
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Depending on how your sweetie feels about your trip to Brazil, you may start going back every 3 weeks like those of us who are regulars.  
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011

OUCH!!

I think thats one "trip" i will not be taking anytime soon.

Same as EsquireJL - i tear up when i'm getting my eyebrows threaded.

Anniversary BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    happe2getherhappe2gether member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_wellim-back-brazil?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:195c9506-4a8d-4c88-955e-d3a1520b5a44Post:81cbdff6-7ed0-49f4-bc13-d376a6e2d920">Re: Well.....I'm back from Brazil!! (TMI)</a>:
    [QUOTE]LOL, Congrats? Haha<strong><font color="#008000"> <u>I'm way to chicken</u></font></strong> to do that. Sometimes I tear up when I get my eyebrows threaded.
    Posted by EsquireJL[/QUOTE]

uummm...YEAH - LOL! Me too!
    80 said yes image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_wellim-back-brazil?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:195c9506-4a8d-4c88-955e-d3a1520b5a44Post:49d3add4-beb8-4ea5-8b15-a213d1a9d803">Re: Well.....I'm back from Brazil!! (TMI)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Depending on how your sweetie feels about your trip to Brazil, you may start going back every 3 weeks like those of us who are regulars.  
    Posted by mikimoto6[/QUOTE]

3 weeks?? Girl....slow down...lol!! I'm not mentally over my 1st visit yet....LOL.
  • Options
    FabbiegirlFabbiegirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Girl, welcome to the "bare down there" club.  lol
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Haha....You gotta us!! I was like how did I miss that one :-))
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicAnniversary
  • Options
    danielle0704danielle0704 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    for all you brazilians...how soon in advance should you get waxed before enjoying wedding night festivities?? Wink
  • Options
    DancerppfDancerppf member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes, welcome to the club. The pain hasn't changed for me and I've been getting brazilians for 4 years. But the results are worth it so I do it!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You sound like me...I'm glad I did it ONCE to have the experience, but I'm not sure I will do it again. I may do the Nair that's safe for down there...would even let them wax BACK THERE, but it hurts like heck in the front. I don't know that I'm wiliing to go through it again. I haven't forgotten that pain and it's been almost two weeks!
    AAW June Siggy Challenge
    My Daddy and Me Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    flawlessfayflawlessfay member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yay for joining the club.........I got mine done a week before my wedding and am scared to go back..lol
    Mrs-Flawless-Pitts
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_wellim-back-brazil?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:195c9506-4a8d-4c88-955e-d3a1520b5a44Post:9fdd7b9d-071e-4612-a954-d138da585043">Re: Well.....I'm back from Brazil!! (TMI)</a>:
    [QUOTE]You sound like me...I'm glad I did it ONCE to have the experience, but I'm not sure I will do it again. I may do the Nair that's safe for down there...<strong>would even let them wax BACK THERE,</strong> but it hurts like heck in the front. I don't know that I'm wiliing to go through it again. I haven't forgotten that pain and it's been almost two weeks!
    Posted by eagles347[/QUOTE]

LOL.....hilarious!!! Girl, I didn't let them tweeze. The lady brought out the tweezers after waxing & I was like, "what are you about to do....tweeze?" I let her tweeze one hair & I told her that was enough.....lol.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_wellim-back-brazil?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:195c9506-4a8d-4c88-955e-d3a1520b5a44Post:aaf35338-0fe0-461d-a418-2972765b3d77">Re: Well.....I'm back from Brazil!! (TMI)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yay for joining the club.........I got mine done a week before my wedding and am<strong> scared to go back..</strong>lol
    Posted by flawlessfay[/QUOTE]

Me too!!! I've got tattoos, but I got them YEARS apart....lol. Can't take back-to-back pain. I need some breaks...lol.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards