Washington-Seattle

changing my mind.

Ugh, so I am SOO indecisive. and STRESSED to the max.FI and I chose a place for our ceremony and reception and then changed it 2 weeks before the one year mark. NOW I'm finding out things that I was told otherwise by the place that we are currently renting. I can get my full deposit back on this place so I'm thinking of changing locations again.Does any one have any ideas for a new place that I can look into? After I thought I was getting a killer deal I realized that there are SO many places out there that people talk about in my price range. But because I wasn't looking I don't really remember any of them.We are having about 100 people. We need tables and chairs but if they don't have them and the place is gorgeous, I'll rent them. I'd like to be able to have our ceremony outside. Must be able to bring in whatever caterer I want since i already have one. And hopefully under 2k to rent. And we want to have a party so be able to stay until 12 or 1am. Any ideas? TIA!!!!
BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker we're having twins!

Re: changing my mind.

• amylbellamylbell member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    any particular part of town?  for some reason I'm thinking your in the South End?
  • edited December 2011
    I am in the southend but I don't care where. Well I guess from like Snohomish to Federal Way.
  • edited December 2011
    What kind of place do you want? Like, water, country, old house, farm, loft style? I don't remember where you picked previously...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    anything. We love the outdoors so we'd prefer a location that we could have it outdoors. I'd like something that is kinda rustic and modern at the same time. At this point I'd like to just see whats out there so that we can make a better decision.
  • edited December 2011
    Have you seen Robinswood House in Bellevue? It's an old historic house in a beautiful park. I *think* they let you use your own caterer, and if I remember correctly, it's $1600 for a Saturday and you have to rent their chairs, which costs extra depending in the niceness of them. There are is this really cool trellis thing outside the house, and the ceremony is held in a pretty garden & they have white lights everywhere for night time and adequate bathrooms. http://www.seattlebride.com/home/ I dont know how to do clicky. But go there & click on Robinswood House.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know about the cost and catering but Swans Trail Farms and Tazer Valley Farms are fabulous...very dare is say...rustic elegance :)  I should have that tattooed on my butt :)
  • jeannigirljeannigirl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sara: Why did you change your mind with the Venue? Did something go wrong or did you just decide that you really didn't like it? The Robinshouse is pretty cool. "The Winding Path Gardens"Rental fee is within your price range of 1600. Check it out it looks gorgeous! The Clise Mansion is pretty gounds for out side wedding. The Cutting Gardens, Jardin d el Sol. Lakewold Gardens, the Manor. Stimson-Green Manor. Hope these help
  • edited December 2011
    Robinswood and Clise (both run by the same company) do NOT let you bring in your own caterer - they let you select from a list of several they allow.  And you have to purchase your alcohol from the company that runs the places (kind of an odd setup, but that's how it is).  Jardin is beautiful, but I've heard the person who runs it is a biznatch and from when I looked, it was out of our range (we're right around where you are price-wise).  I'll try to think of places.
    Family fall photo session with Ashley Hoyle Photography
    Married 7/10/10
    Wedding Planning Bio - Updated 6/13/2010
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Oh no. I think we are using the same venue... so you have me curious. As to places, Les Gove Park in Auburn looks nice online. The Pierce County Environmental Services building is fantastic. Wine and Country Roses in Auburn. Lake Wilderness Lodge in Maple Valley.
    debi & jason 05.01.2010

My Visions Planning Bio

Photobucket

First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think the Leifer Manor is Marysville lets you bring in your own caterer, I think
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards