Washington-Seattle

What questions to ask florist?

Any suggestions beside a quote. I'm coming up blank. Sorry for the back to back post! TIA

Re: What questions to ask florist?

• edited December 2011
    how many weddings they do a day?do they deliver? is there an extra charge?if you are having centerpieces, do they set them up?I've never even contacted a florist but these are things I'd like to know. I'd also want to know if they can try to find me my idea cheaper by using only flowers that are in season. Not sure if you want a certain flower or what.
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker we're having twins!
  • edited December 2011
    sarack- we both must be board tonight! Fi is hunting! Those are good questions. When are you going to look into a florist?
  • edited December 2011
    I'm not sure. i probably should do it soon but I'm so indecisive I don't know what I want. Also, I don't know how many bridesmaids/groomsmen I'm having so I don't know how accurate the quote will be. i guess i should just start looking.Are you going to be getting corsages/bouts for the special men and women in your family?? parents, grandparents, etc? FI is playing videogames. its my friday night. Plus, I love you girls so I can't stay away!
  • edited December 2011
    Sara - Those are good questions! You are going to be well prepared... I did not even think to ask those!
  • edited December 2011
    ahha, thank you. I feel really UNprepared so I appreciate you thinking that I am.
  • edited December 2011
    Questions To Ask The Florist When viewing photos of past work, ask if the flowers where arranged by the same person that is doing your arrangements. After giving your florist your ideas, ask for their opinion or ideas. You don't have to take their advice but at least take the time to listen. You never know, you might like their ideas better then your own. Is there a delivery charge? Is there a setup fee? Do they have rental supplies? Do they need a map for the different delivery locations? Can you change your order if you have another idea? What's the cut off date for new ideas? What times will the flowers be delivered to each location? This question can be asked 1 month before your wedding. Will the florist transport ceremony decorations to the reception location? Is there a fee? Can they make a sample of your bouquet and centrepiece? Some florists will, some won't. Will they write you up an itemized quote? Some won't in fear that you will bring it to other florists for a better deal. Are the flowers you've chosen in season? What flowers are in season for your date? You're on a tight budget, can the florist work with a mixture of silk and fresh flowers? Are there any additional or hidden costs? Is the florist familiar with your reception and ceremony locations? 1 month before your wedding date, call the florist and ask them if they can get the type and colour of flower you wanted? Hope this helps!!! 'Hugs'
  • jennlinjennlin member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i was going to answer with a few questions but ell kicked my butt. i don't wanna play anymore :(
    ♥ bfp2 02/15/2012 ♥ edd 10/23/2013 ♥
    ♥ bfp1 06/14/2011 ♥ edd 02/22/2012 ♥
    ♥ baby jennlin born on 02/15/2012 ♥

who says you can only wear your wedding dress once?

honeymoon biomarried bioplanning bio
    jumped ship to the new and improved nest. back to TB for baby boards.
  • edited December 2011
    trish, thanks for asking this.  We are meeting with a florist or two and I was at a loss of what to ask as well!  Thanks again!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the information girls! Thanks for the list of questions elleh08! I'm glad I'm not the only one wondering this :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards