African American Weddings
Options

My future parents in law dissed my ring! What would you have done?

So I went to my fiances parents house to pick up his sister to look at wedding stuff and she tells me that her parents wanted to see my ring. So I turned towards them to show them my ring and they say " We don't want to see her ring." "We never told you that." They said it with a slight giggle and didn't even acknowledge my existence the whole time I was there. I was like" F*ck u" in my head. I had my nieces with me and my mom so I couldn't say anything to harsh in front of the kids. His sister talked to them after we walked out but thats not enough. What to do the next time I see them?

Re: My future parents in law dissed my ring! What would you have done?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Just dont include them in any conversation about the wedding unless FI is present. He needs to let his parents know that this behavior isnt acceptable.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    cincy2011cincy2011 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would let it go - they are trying to get under your skin.  You can't control their actions, but you can control your reactions.  You don't need any additional stress while you're planning the wedding, so I'd let it roll off my back if I were you.  Not worth it.  
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i think you handled it well...it's always better to take the hide road...now you know how they are and just limit the wedding talk around them..
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_future-parents-law-dissed-ring-would-done?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:20157f6c-068a-4945-9e6c-9638172addc8Post:fcc9a22a-4521-465f-8044-0853ac7432d8">Re: My future parents in law dissed my ring! What would you have done?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Just dont include them in any conversation about the wedding unless FI is present. He needs to let his parents know that this behavior isnt acceptable.
    Posted by rodeo417[/QUOTE]

Agree!

Get your Pregnancy Tickers

Baby Gender Predictor

• Options
    edited December 2011
    DITTO PP!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think you handled the situation with class -- rather than sinking to their level and cursing them out!!! 

Soo I say continue to act with class -- but there is no need to go out of your way to show them or tell them anything, let FI deal with them and stay above the fray.

Sorry that happened!!! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My stone is Tanzinite, I don't like diamond, so I love how unique it is and i don't see the point of paying thousand of dollars for a stone that isn't even rare.  I never cared what anyone else thinks, I LOVE it.

If you love your ring and your love your ring, it shouldn't matter if your future family doesn't,  they aren't wearing it.  I think ingoring them might be the best tactic for stuff like that unless it gets out of hand

If you make a issue over everything it starts to make you look petty, and that may be what they want.

The High road is hard but it will atleast keep you cleaner and drier than playing in the mud with everyone else.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards