African American Weddings
Options

HELP I'm freaking out. I don't know where the time went!!!! E-photo outfits

So I have been working on my dress, shoes, and accessories for my big day.  Then today I realized we are taking our e-photos next week and I haven't picked out an outfit for that!  I don't know where the time went. 

How did you ladies decide what to wear? 
Any colors I should wear or stay away from? (I'm a plus size girl so be kind. LOL) 
Any suggestions on where to purchase the outfit?
Did you do full make up or just your normal everyday?
What props if any did you bring?

I know we will have 3 outfit changes.  1. casual (golf attire)  2. semi-casual. 3. Football jerseys and jeans.
We are taking photos at a park and at a golf course. 

Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks ladies!
Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: HELP I'm freaking out. I don't know where the time went!!!! E-photo outfits

• Options
    FabbiegirlFabbiegirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For makeup, I went to a MAC counter to get foundation, concealer, and primer.  I did the rest myself.  

As far as outfits, I went with my fave outfits out of the closet and color coordinated my FI with me.  My photog gave me a list of suggestions about color and pictures.  I think it was to stay away from black because it is harsh although we wore black in one of sets.  It also said to stay away from prints, but I don't have a lot of solid clothes that I like, so I ignored that too.  lol. 

When we were in our dining room, we used fruit and wine glasses (with wine cooler inside) as props.  You can do things with shades, or since you two are both wearing football jersey's, you can have a football.
  • Options
    M1ssJM1ssJ member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011

Makeup I went to Target tried stuff and came up with a combo I liked.

Stay away from prints!!!! Like floral and zebras n cheetas on your outfit, I saw some that were...... just wrong.

I would do... for a polo and pumps outfit for you and something with a polo for him, semi casual I went to Macy's and "rented" a dress, and jerseys just be you! We ended up getting shirts from out favorite teams which looked better, use an actual football as a prop , its adorable.

Lemme know if you want to see examples

577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
  • Options
    sheshedukeshesheduke member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got those custom converse for our pics and i went with that. since our e pics were the same day as my bridal shower and I had to wear white to that I just wore that outfit and killed two birds with one stone.

I like the ideas you put there are a of clothes on clearance so have a ball if you want to shop.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

How did you ladies decide what to wear?  I actually just grabbed something and it worked well
    Any colors I should wear or stay away from? (I'm a plus size girl so be kind. LOL)  Shut up. You can wear whatever color you want and look gorgeous. (Ask your photog though... ours told us to stay away from patterns and such)
    Any suggestions on where to purchase the outfit? TARGET is where I got mine, lol
    Did you do full make up or just your normal everyday? I put a little more on than normal
    What props if any did you bring? I wore a flower in my hair

Here's the pics: 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    130 image Are on the way! The rest don't matter... FINAL COUNT~!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_im-freaking-out-dont-time-went-e-photo-outfits?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:21640736-b388-4f21-92d1-1526768cb7f7Post:c78d1e36-6b77-4d99-b29d-d6a810a8f43a">Re: HELP I'm freaking out. I don't know where the time went!!!! E-photo outfits</a>:
    [QUOTE]Makeup I went to Target tried stuff and came up with a combo I liked. Stay away from prints!!!! Like floral and zebras n cheetas on your outfit, I saw some that were...... just wrong. I would do... for a polo and pumps outfit for you and something with a polo for him, semi casual I went to Macy's and "rented" a dress, and jerseys just be you! We ended up getting shirts from out favorite teams which looked better, use an actual football as a prop , its adorable.<strong> Lemme know if you want to see examples</strong>
    Posted by M1ssJ[/QUOTE]
    YES PLEASE!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    hatroopeshatroopes member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to MAC for my make-up. As far as outfits, since our colors are purple and silver, I was looking for a purple dress, but was not able to find one that I liked. So I went with fuschia and got FI a coordinating shirt for our formal outfit. For the casual, I got my outfit from a H&M, and FI got a sweater from Express.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I decided to do my own make up for e-pics since I am not working right now. Didn't make sense to invest in 2 makeup sessions.  I already paid for my wedding day makeup.  I think I did okay for my 1 hour lesson at Sephora the day before the shoot. If you can get it done at MAC or your counter of choice, that would be the best way to go.  My pics were 9am on a Sunday so it wasn't an option for me.  

Our photographer suggested the colors for us to wear based on the locations that we were shooting the pictures.  He also told me not to wear any prints, or trendy items that will "date" the pictures. He said it was best to choose outfits that would be classic and timeless so people would not be able to tell right away when the photos were taken based on the fashions in the pictures.  Hope this helps.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards