July 2012 Weddings
Options

BOOKED MY DREAM VENUE!

I'm so excited! We finally did our first official thing for our wedding by book the ceremony and reception venue.

We originally wanted a botanical garden we both loved but were devastated when we realized how much it was. It was definitely out of the question.

A friend of mine told me about a castle that was really affordable (which I didn't believe), but we went over and looked and we're renting space on the grounds, but not the castle itself.

And guess what? They consider July an off month so we're getting like $1000 off the price.

Anyone else getting discounts for being in July? I never considered it an off-month, but I'm super stoked it is for this place.

Re: BOOKED MY DREAM VENUE!

• Options
    Wow that looks beautiful! I like the tent for the ceremony, very pretty. Congratulations on a big check!

July is definitely high season here but we have much more mild summers compared to other parts of the country so the weather where you live could definitely be a factor in the cost.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Being in Canada July is DEFINITELY  High season!!  Anywhere from Mid May to end of Sept. and I've been told even going into October now is high season anything other than that is an off motn so to hear that July is a low season where you are is surprising to me. Looks like a beautiful venue!!
    . Anniversary aandt image
  • Options
    Outdoor venues are only avaliable here from May to August, so July is a high month here!
    *~The Future Mrs. Paine~*

*~Planning Bio Updated April 16th~*

image 331 invited image 107 are ready to party image 96 are missing out image 128 can't find the mailbox rsvp's due back June 30th!
  • Options
    Congrats!!  Pretty venue!  The summer months are busy in MI!  We're only getting a discount because we're having other events at other locations the company owns!
  • Options
    The Venue is very pretty! The summer months, particuarlly July here are high months since July always seems to be the hottest and driest month of the whole year here.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    It's gorgeous! I love love the tent for the ceremony. As littlemoments said, July in MI is definitely considered high season. Pretty much anything from May-September is in high demand around here. Congrats on that big check!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Congratulations! I love the lush green scenery.

Our wedding is in Baltimore, which gets very hot and HUMID in the summer. I didn't exactly get a discount for July, but I avoided the "high season" extra fee that is applied to April-May and Sept-Oct weddings at our venue, so that is a plus!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Nati05Nati05 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    Beautiful venue!! I love the ceremony spot! I'm originally from NC as well. What part are you from? And where is this castle?? I think July is an off-month for them only lol, anything summer is always high demand. Congrats!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_booked-dream-venue?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:44d3bdfc-8c0b-498e-8afb-e7bbafef5ffcPost:f6eefde0-6b1f-4025-b8fa-1b462d05781d">Re: BOOKED MY DREAM VENUE!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Beautiful venue!! I love the ceremony spot! I'm originally from NC as well. What part are you from? And where is this castle?? I think July is an off-month for them only lol, anything summer is always high demand. Congrats!
    Posted by Nati05[/QUOTE]

Thanks everyone! I went to school in Boone with my fiance but I'm back in FL now. The castle is in Jamestown right outside of Greensboro. Castle McCulloch. Totally look them up! Knot Approved!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards