Washington-Seattle

Alternative to Champagne Toast?

I'm wondering if anyone has any good ideas for an alternative to champagne for the toast? My FI and I don't like champagne, so I would like to find an alternative if possible. I know champagne is traditional but we would rather have something we like. I would prefer to stay with an alcoholic beverage but I would consider a non-alcoholic alternative.TIA!D

Re: Alternative to Champagne Toast?

• edited December 2011
    We don't like champagne either, but we discovered we love Spumanti. It's a sweet sparkling white wine, typcially cheaper than champagne and yummy IMO. My mom doesn't drink, so we'll also offer sparkling cider for the non-alcoholic drinkers.
    Family fall photo session with Ashley Hoyle Photography
    Married 7/10/10
    Wedding Planning Bio - Updated 6/13/2010
    Anniversary
  • KammKamm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You can always just do a toast. Have the DJ annouce the toast are happening and that everyone should have a dink in hand. That way you can have been, wine, or whatever you want to cheers to!
  • edited December 2011
    I second that you can just have a toast and whatever people have they can raise it up and drink. Even if they have water. Maybe just make an announcement for everyone to have something to drink. :0)
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker we're having twins!
  • seblaggseblagg member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am planning for people to toast with whatever they have in hand. It's also less wasteful and we're saving some $$ that way b/c we don't have to buy champagne just for the toast. A lot of champagne gets poured and not everyone drinks it.

• edited December 2011
    We're also just having people toast with whatever they are drinking. I read that 50% of people won't even take champagne and, of the 50% that do, 25% of them only take a sip or two because it's there. That means only 25%'ish will really drink it... and that's a waste of time and money in my book. Plus, I HATE champagne!
  • edited December 2011
    Ah - Jody, so what you're saying is I should ALWAYS hang around the wedding until the end and go table to table emptying out every undrunk glass of champagne because there will be many! :D
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • edited December 2011
    LOL! Totally :) Apparently, my mom used to do exactly that when my grandparents would throw dinner parties because guests would leave partially full drinks everywhere. EEK!
  • edited December 2011
    We are doing a signature drink for the toast in our wedding color instead of champagne
  • edited December 2011
    Our wedding is in the winter and so is mine.  We are thinking of toasing using ice wine which is really yummy and people don't need a full glass of it. 
  • edited December 2011
    The Moscato d'Asti is a very sweet sparkling white wine that to me tastes a bit like cider. If that sounds appealing I've tried one from QFC that is called something like D'Amore (of love) it has a rose on the label. It is pretty good and I think it was around $10 or $15 per bottle there.
  • edited December 2011
    Might be more expensive, but look for moscato d'asti. It's a sweet, dessert sparkling white wine from Italy. :) I love it.Also, Martinelli's comes in all kinds of flavors.
    greenbaby
    BFP 1/22/12 | Ectopic pregnancy found 2/14/12 | Methotrexate to complete m/c 2/15/12 imageimageimage Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • carrieoz_76carrieoz_76 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're thinking mai tai's, but as with anything, ymmv.  :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards