African American Weddings
Options

Monday Accountability / Support

Good Morning everybody!!!

I hope everybody had a wonderful weekend! How did everyone do last week with weight loss goals? Please share your victories and set backs. Ask any questions or share positive motivation that has worked for you.

Question: What inspired you on this journey?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Monday Accountability / Support

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I did it!  I lost 2 pounds.  I know it's not that much but hey it is a start.  Thank you for motivating me to do this. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_monday-accountability-support-10?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:26027bd4-70e5-4e2b-9df3-c1440bcfb00ePost:c46881b5-c2ed-4c46-94f7-675eb0d7faf6">Re: Monday Accountability / Support</a>:
    [QUOTE]I did it!  I lost 2 pounds.  I know it's not that much but hey it is a start.  Thank you for motivating me to do this. 
    Posted by djscat[/QUOTE]

Girl congrats!!! loosing any kind of weight is a great accomplishment! Keep up the great work!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    So, I am so hype because I finally stepped on the scale after 3 weeks and I am please to announce that I have maintained my 30lbs weight loss!!! I am so happy! I

I was so scared because I just thought I would get on there and cry. That has motivated me to continue to try my hardest! I will continue to go to the gym 4 times a week and eat better.

The reason I started on my healthy journey because I used to be in shape and I had a better figure.I knew I always wanted to get back to where I was before. 

When I got engaged, I had so much anxiety about trying a dress on when I was not the weight I knew I wanted to be. So I went hard core and cut out some things in my diet that I do not even miss now. I go dress shopping next month and I am still a little scared that I will continue to see myself how I was, I hope I will get over that fear and find the dress of my dreams!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_monday-accountability-support-10?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:26027bd4-70e5-4e2b-9df3-c1440bcfb00ePost:e715bfe7-2b75-415d-99a0-2d8648f9dfef">Re: Monday Accountability / Support</a>:
    [QUOTE]So, I am so hype because I finally stepped on the scale after 3 weeks and I am please to announce that I have maintained my 30lbs weight loss!!! I am so happy! I I was so scared because I just thought I would get on there and cry. That has motivated me to continue to try my hardest! I will continue to go to the gym 4 times a week and eat better. The reason I started on my healthy journey because I used to be in shape and I had a better figure.I knew I always wanted to get back to where I was before.  When I got engaged, I had so much anxiety about trying a dress on when I was not the weight I knew I wanted to be. So I went hard core and cut out some things in my diet that I do not even miss now. <strong>I go dress shopping next month and I am still a little scared that I will continue to see myself how I was, I hope I will get over that fear and find the dress of my dreams!</strong>
    Posted by BluIvory82[/QUOTE]

Girl you will be beautiful! How exciting for you to complete your goal in time to get into the dress of your dreams.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_monday-accountability-support-10?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:26027bd4-70e5-4e2b-9df3-c1440bcfb00ePost:3f42f3ba-b145-4e49-80be-9c26fa6e9984">Re: Monday Accountability / Support</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Monday Accountability / Support : Girl you will be beautiful! How exciting for you to complete your goal in time to get into the dress of your dreams.
    Posted by djscat[/QUOTE]

Thank youy girl!  I am excited but nervous!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Djscat 2lbs IS a big deal! Congrats!

Great job BluIvory! Your doing such a good job.

I am soooo hype i lost 5.2lbs las week!!!!!!!! Ahhhhh!! I needed that. I know its not the conventional way of doing things, but i had to kick my butt in gear.
    For the whole of last week, i didnt eat ANY carbs, and NO sugar. I survived on proteins and veggies. It was hard, but not as hard as i thought. I went back to running 4-5miles which i preffer 1000000x more than any other cardio exercise. I also did my zumba on monday and weds.

I gave myself a lil bit of a break on the weekend, and i'm gonna do the same thing again this week.

My inspiration for my journey is to be healthy! I would be lying if i said it didnt have anything to do with the wedding - coz it does. I really want to be comfortable in my skin and especially with the pictures!

Anniversary BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    empeguesempegues member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oohhh, congrats ladies!  I don't really check the scale - I check how my clothes fit, and they're starting to hang better lol.  FI said he noticed my obliques, so I'll take that as a positive!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Go ahead Gift928!!  You better get it! Congrats on your weight loss! I would LOVE to run, I just cant! Thanks for the Congrats! It feels great!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey ladies! Once again I ddin't do as much as I wanted, but this weekend I'll be visiting FI and getting to try out the Insanity workout. FI and I agreed before we were engaged that we wanted to stay healthy and workout together and make it a family thing. So that's my motivation along with trying to prevent hypertension and diabetes.

When I bought my dress Saturday I was very pleased with how the dress flattered my body. I actually have a tooty booty for once.lol Tongue out So I plan on working more on squats. I also want to work on toning my arms and shoulders and get my Michelle Obama on as my mother says. Unfortunately, I don't have as much chest as I thought I did ...so any tips on how I can make that grow by January..lol!  

Yay to everyone working toward their goals! Stay encouraged! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ok the bad news is according to weight Watchers I gained 1.4lbs this week... SAD FACE!!! Frown 

The good news my jeans are two sizes smaller!!! HAPPY FACELaughing

I went to buy new jeans on Thursday and I tried on my "usual" size ( we ain't that close yet yall- Maybe I will share it once my journey is over) and they were too big! Then I went down one size and I said wait let me see if I could go again and I did.. and then are still a little loose but CUTE!!! I didn't care how much those pants were I was BUYING THEM! LOl

The Weigh Watchers lady told me to up my water and watch my fruit in take, I have been eating fruit like crazy but she reminded me it turns into sugar so I gotta watch it. i have a huge bowl of grapes and after they are gone I will cut back.

Ohh I did walk up this INSANE hill on Wednesday and then on Friday and Sunday Fi and I rented bakes and rode them along the beach for 5 miles.  I am happy to say my exercise has increased and I am happy about that!

Let's keep it up ladies!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards