African American Weddings

How to Add Blue! Vote :)

Cool! I feel better now about the flower arrangements at the reception. Last thing, my last issue is adding the blue and keeping things "simple elegant". I'm so scared of looking like cookie moster's family reunion, so I only want touches of cobalt blue. For instance, my girls are wearing blue shoes w/ black dress, holding white flowers. I have two ideas, but not sure which way to go. Help !

Should I do blue napkins... 

OR

is the venue's blue waterfall background/lighting enough?

Here's a pic of how waterfall creates a color effect in the room. The color/lighted tables are not included (I do not think at least), but the waterfall is included with the room fee. There is no uplighting used here. And yes, it's really named YOLO Foot in mouth

Daisypath Wedding tickers LilySlim Fitness goals tickers

Re: How to Add Blue! Vote :)

• I voted no to the napkins. the background is enough. YOLO
    577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
  • I voted and lol@cookie monster reunion! and is your venue really called yolo event center? Drake is making BANK!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • keyaira04keyaira04 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited September 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_how-to-add-blue-vote?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:2abd6db6-a468-41f4-9ed0-d6e499500824Post:236ac38b-4079-4ce4-be18-1d7411401a1e">Re: How to Add Blue! Vote :)</a>:
    [QUOTE]I voted and lol<strong>@cookie monster reunion</strong>! and is your venue really called yolo event center? Drake is making BANK!
    Posted by footballwife77[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>9 out of 10 weddings I seen with royal/cobalt blue, I see so much blue makes think cookie monster. I can't...in fact, I won't! But then again, I really do not care for blue. </div><div>
    </div><div>The venue was opened 2-3 years ago. I think they used YOLO to give off the impression that you only live once, so do it big style (ie Chicago) in our venue oppose to the other around town that are more traditional... but yeah, the song is making it a popular spot. 

</div>
  • keyaira04keyaira04 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited September 2012
    And the final vote is: 

8 Votes (88.9%)The color/lighted blue waterfall is enough. Keep your money, gurl!

Ok, so the waterfall is enough. I was hoping so :)

(Sing as I do the cabbage patch...)
    No cookie monster, 
    No cookie monster, 
    No cookie monster!
  • The waterfall gives it a nice effect. The believe the napkins may be a bit much since the room will most likely be dim.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Love the waterfall effect and it's free.  Use it happily.  :)

Love is the ultimate superpower.   
    It can make you weak and strong simultaneously.  

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_how-to-add-blue-vote?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:2abd6db6-a468-41f4-9ed0-d6e499500824Post:51dcc5e8-bfed-4af8-9896-e735c8fa3666">Re: How to Add Blue! Vote :)</a>:
    [QUOTE]And the final vote is:  8 Votes (88.9%) The color/lighted blue waterfall is enough. Keep your money, gurl! Ok, so the waterfall is enough. I was hoping so :) (Sing as I do the cabbage patch...) No cookie monster,  No cookie monster,  No cookie monster!
    Posted by keyaira04[/QUOTE]

C is for cookie that's good enough for me
    Cookie cookie cookie starts with c
    Lol
    "Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History" ~Laurel Thatcher Ulrich~
    Follow Me on Pinterest

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards