African American Weddings
Options

*****ADMALLARD*****

Congrats on everything! I thought you had already left for basic training.

I wanted to ask you about your cupcakes. I know you mentioned in your review that you got them from Publix.  Did it come out tasting like Publix cakes or did it vary in taste?

I've wanted runners since everything will be Ivory (chair cover, overlay, and napkins).  Did your venue provide the runners or did you buy/rent them on your own.

image139 Made the list!
image 107 Are ready to party!
image 32 Will be missing out!
image 0 Are getting on my nerves!

Re: *****ADMALLARD*****

• Options
    edited December 2011
    The cupcakes tasted just like Publix cakes. They were very good and everyone couldn't believe I ordered them from a grocery store lol. And I bought my own runners and sashes and my planner provided the chair covers. The venue provided the tableclothes and cloth napkins. I ordered the runners and sashes from http://www.linentablecloth.com. If you use the February code "luvcupid" you can get 10% off your order. Like their FB page and they'll send you all kinds of offers and discounts. Hope that helps!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

imageGraphics

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    sadou02sadou02 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you soooo much for your help.  I was quoted 300 for 150 mini cupcakes and a 2 tier small cake but I feel like money could be spent better elsewhere.

Thanks for the webiste tip on the runners.  Did they send you a swatch so that you could verify the color before placing the order?
    image139 Made the list!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That's a lot for cupcakes. I got 150 regular size cupcakes, a groom's cake, and mini cake for the top tier for about $160...and that also included the delivery fee!

You can request samples of the linen to verify the color but I didn't.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

imageGraphics

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    sadou02sadou02 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you for the information.  I will be going the publix route seeing as how they deliver and all. 
    I really do appreciate it. Ill be praying for a successful basic training.
    image139 Made the list!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards