African American Weddings
Options

Finally some good news

So the last few months -heck this whole planning- have just been so dramatic and I kept receiving bad news left and right. But today, we finally got words that our whole bridal party (from 6 different countries) got visas to come to the wedding.

It only took them like forever and I have no hair left on my head from pulling it so hard. LOL

I feel very vulnerable now that everyone knows the tiniest details of my personal life such as how much I make, my banking activities for the last 3 years, my housing, my jobs details, etc. since I had to provide it to all the embassies to get the visas...  But it was all for a good cause.

God is good and today I am very grateful!

Re: Finally some good news

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank goodness! I'm so happy for you. I think it's amazing that you have an international bridal party. That's so cool!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Good news finally, I know that visa subject has been an up and down battle for you. Me no likey all the personal info, but like you said its good purpose. XOXO
  • Options
    kkidd28kkidd28 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That is great news!  I'm happy for you!  Your day will be awesome!  Just think of it this way - now they will all know you even better and you'll have good stories at the rehearsal dinner - lol!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    YAYYY !!!! Im so happy for you. That is such great news ! Laughing
    Photobucket www.mywedding.com/malcolmandkiaforever http://aawbrides.weebly.com/
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    This is awesome news Pas!!!! I am so happy that this has been taken care of.
    My Wedding Planning Bio (Updated January 24, 2011)
    Created by Wedding Favors
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AAW May Siggy Challenge: Picture of Me and My mom! image 170 Made the cut Happy smiley!
    image 102 Making the Trip to Atlanta Smiley!
    image 64 Can't make the trip to Atlanta Smiley!
    image 6 Can't decide or won't let us know Smiley!
    R.S.V.P Deadline April 30th!!! SMH!
  • Options
    TysWife2BeTysWife2Be member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Glad to hear the good news Pasma...

It is all coming together...
    AAW June 2011 Siggy Challenge : "Daddy and Me"

Photobucket

Wedding Planning Blog (Updated 10/18/10)

• Options
    cincy2011cincy2011 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Great news!  I'm so happy to hear that your loved ones will be in attendance!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That's awesome! I am so glad to hear that things worked out. You can now relax a bit as you go through the last stretch.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    essianessian member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's good news! Happy to hear that.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies.
    We have to revisit my grandma issue but I have faith!
    Thanks again
  • Options
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    luckyinloveazluckyinloveaz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Great news!

• Options
    edited December 2011

YAY!! Great news!!
    God is an awesome God, I hope all works out with your Grandmother.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    YAY....Awesome News!!!  I pray your grandmother visas gets approved as well!!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicAnniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    thats wonderful darling!!! I know how u feel girl! Most of our famil got visa's. 3 out of 15 got denied, so we are greatful!! God is Good!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_finally-good-news?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:2cb16ad8-1225-4ca1-8c34-ec6214fbf5c9Post:ccb6675f-c665-4198-bc3f-45990d70f65a">Re: Finally some good news</a>:
    [QUOTE]Glad to hear the good news Pasma... It is all coming together...
    Posted by TysWife2Be[/QUOTE]

Ditto this. :)
    AAW June Siggy Challenge
    My Daddy and Me Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you very much ladies! I appreciate it.

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_finally-good-news?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:2cb16ad8-1225-4ca1-8c34-ec6214fbf5c9Post:8492dbc0-af66-4077-b0f1-c218d86f1866">Re: Finally some good news</a>:
    [QUOTE]thats wonderful darling!!! I know how u feel girl! Most of our famil got visa's. 3 out of 15 got denied, so we are greatful!! God is Good!
    Posted by brobin01[/QUOTE]
    Oh Brandi, 3 out of 15? I am so sorry. Let's try to enjoy the day nevertheless. Immigration sucks! LOL
  • Options
    mnm729mnm729 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Awesome News!  So happy for you!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011

What great news.  God is good!!!   Thank God for all blessings, no matter how small.     Honestly, I am not looking forward to this whole visa issue.  I am still trying to finish ordering our invitations so that we can start sending out to our family and friends in Cameroon and Europe.  Unlike you, I don't have much hair, so I guess I would just go back to my favorite bad habit (nail-biting).  Ha! Ha!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    YAAAAYYYYY!!!!!! I am glad you got what you wanted in the end. But don't it urk you sometimes because these government folks is so nosey. This is a wedding not a top secret mission. goodness.... Nonetheless, I am happy you got your bridal party together. This is indeed a blessing.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    YAY!! I am so happy for you!  I pray something comes through for your grandmom as well!  I believe in miracles!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards