African American Weddings
Options

So today I feel fat...

So I broke down and joined Weight Watchers online... I signed up for it before and lost like 5lbs in a week and a half but then I quit cause they decreased my points... Everyone around me tells me that I look "fine" but I don't want to look just "fine"! I WANT TO LOOK SEXY AND BE TONED!!!!

Is/Did anyone else go through this?

Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker

Re: So today I feel fat...

• Options
    sheshedukeshesheduke member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am going through it right now. I just feel frumpy. I can still fit my clothes I just don't feel like they look good on me. FI says I haven't changed or at from what he can tell but I feel like I have. I am losing my summer tonedness (yes that is a word) and I am just feeling giggly. I know it is the holidays and my eating is only going to get worse but I am going to start doing some home workout programs until I can afford my personal trainer again. I need to be the bell of the ball come September so I need to get started now if I don't want to become anorexic the closer I get to the wedding to get the weight off.
  • Options
    7venAfricano7venAfricano member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Going through it now, but I do have a good bit of weight to lose. I had a baby last year and my weight balloned so I'm trying to get back down to a size that works for me. I really want to be a beautiful bride in MY own eyes, even though others say I look good. My goal is either a size 14 or 12 by March. On my nearly 6' frame I'll be "skinny" so that's alright with me.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I feel fat every day :(
    218806_0122 - Copy2011-10-239513.10.15 Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    tyboydtyboyd member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    YES! I've gained a lil over 20 lbs in the past year! I went from wearing a 4/6 to an 8. Yeah, an 8 isn't bad, but it is when you were previously in a 4.

I was in target yesterday and I had on some sweats, a fitted tee and a lil sweater... I saw myself in the mirror, got depressed, stopped and buttoned up my sweater, sucked in my stomach and left!!!

I don't even like looking at myself in the mirror anymore! Yeah, it's THAT bad.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I feel fat all the time, everyday, 24/7.
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    @ Summerbride aren't you pregnant? You are supposed to be a little thick with it!

@ Ty I do that all the time!

I just want to get down by the time my dress comes in which is in little over a month... it may be impossible but I am going to try!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_today-feel-fat?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:2e0715b7-0528-47dd-ab8a-0175c1aa2f79Post:d3b6e229-4638-4b3b-a4ec-ae7d8bb19232">Re: So today I feel fat...</a>:
    [QUOTE]@ Summerbride aren't you pregnant? You are supposed to be a little thick with it! Posted by sweets18[/QUOTE]

Yes, but I'm not pregnant in my fingers! My wedding ring is tight now- wth?
  • Options
    sheshedukeshesheduke member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    @Ty I feel you sister mirrors are hard to walk by these days especially in the bathroom whoa. I turn on the hallway light and try to keep the bathroom light off. My face is getting rounder which is not good since my head is already on the large size lol.

The bad thing is that I am not even eating out of control I am just gaining weight or gaining bulk. It sucks especially because FI eats like a hog and he is so slim. I wish I had some of his jeans.
  • Options
    7venAfricano7venAfricano member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    @summerbride- fun fact about pregnancy, you truly are pregnant EVERYWHERE. LOL.It is frustrating but you retain water, and you swell, and your hormones are crazy etc, etc, which makes your body act a straight up fool. With all 3 of my pregnancies it was something new I was learning...there's so much ppl forget to warn you of BEFORE you get pregnant. But don't get discouraged. you're pretty and getting plump in certain areas for a good reason- to grow a healthy baby. think of it like that, you have to be positive though it can get hard. Smile (((hugs)))
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I feel your pain.  I don't look in the mirror and call myself fat, but I do look in the mirror and think, man I could shed some pounds.  I played sports in college and I used to be toned and fit, these days...not so much.  When I tried on my wedding dress, I was so mad that the size 10 sample didn't fit my hips and all I could think about was how I needed to get off my butt and actually do those Insanity videos that have been collecting dust.  I'm currently a size 10 or 12, so I don't have an unrealistic goal of being a size 2 or anything since my body type is more athletic and muscular.  But I'd like to get down a 6 or 8 since I know that that's something that I can maintain after the wedding. 
    Even though I know I want and need to lose weight, I have such a hard time getting motivated.  I wish I had a personal trainer who could kick my a$$ and make me work out!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Ladies, in one sense I am glad that I am not alone, but sad that you all feel like I do... on the other hand we can hold each other accountable if this is something that needs to happen before our weddings! LOL...  One of my jobs is at the athletic association at my school and I have decided that I need to be the size of a GYMDOG... so we compare our bodies weekly... I don't want to be her size cause I like being a little thick wit it... but it is good motivation... along with WW... I look forward to checking in with you all as I loose my 10-15lbs!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    @7venAfricano- Thanks <3
    @sweets18- it's not cute to be a toothpick, lol.  Everyone around you is right, you are fine.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    @ Summerbride: NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! I just want to loose 10 lbs and I will be good... not toothpick skinny, still a lil thick with it and sexy!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I was here this summer. Cardio and calorie counting became my best friends. A recent series of car accidents has left me limited on what exercises I can do so I'm worried. I feel your pain. I need to tighten up again on what I eat. If you all want to be accountability partners, I'm in.
    AAW June Siggy Challenge
    My Daddy and Me Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Im feeling the same way. I bought my dress back in September & haven't tried it on since in fear that it won't fit :-( I've had a "reason" to eat every month since lol my son's birthday was in Oct, my FI in Nov, mine this Sunday & with the holidays here I'm really worried! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards