African American Weddings
Options

AW: Invitations and FSIL Update

Hey Ladies!  I have been MIA for a while because of the freakin' invitations.  I missed you ladies a lot though.  I finally finished the invitations last night and sent them off today.  I am so worried that I forgot to put the inserts in some of them or I put in the wrong RSVP cards in the invitations.  You know, gave a family of five an RSVP card stating that they only have 2 seats reserved and vice versa.  I just have to hope that that's not the case and if it does, just troubleshoot along the way.  I'm just so happy its done!  If I could do it all over again, I would probably just order invitations from a wedding stationary company or something, and I would get the pocketfold ones.  They are so cute.  I went through way too much drama in an attempt to save money, but like I said, I'm just happy it's over and they are done. 

@Eagles and PB Bride thanks for the concern regarding my technical issues.  What ended up happening is that the printer wouldn't feed the paper for some reason.  Apparently the paper was too thick...Weird!  So what I ended up doing is creating a template on Microsoft Word for the RSVP cards and invitations with the assistance of the fine folks at Kinko's, since I couldn't figure out how to use the template that came with the software I downloaded.  And then I just had them print the invitations and RSVP cards out a Kinko's

In terms of the FSIL stuff, she actually wasn't that bad.  She ended up not staying the whole week (she left today) and I really enjoyed her.  She helped out a lot in terms of cleaning up after dinner and helping with the invitations. 

So, all in all things went ok.  Now, I'm going to go through and read the posts that I  missed.  Ahhhh!  It's good to be back.Smile

Re: AW: Invitations and FSIL Update

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Welcome back! And congrats on completing the invitations! We missed you Laughing
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We missed you too. So glad that everything worked out. Now that you mailed them out can we see a pic? Or did you forget to save one for yourself?
    AAW June Siggy Challenge
    My Daddy and Me Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations on your awesome checks and Welcome back!!!!  I'm so happy you're done with this part of your wedding planning now hopefully you'll be able to get some sleep.  How is that doing anyway?    

BTW: Glad your FSIL was able to help out where needed!!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicAnniversary
  • Options
    tamtam7tamtam7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies!
    @PB Bride, thanks for asking about my insomnia.  I don't want to jinx myself, but so far so good.  I've slept very well for the last couple of nights.  :) 
    @Eagles, I still have invitations left because I haven't sent out my b-list invitations yet so I'll have to take a pic. I need batteries for my camera.  I keep forgetting to get batteries, but when I do I'll post a pic. 
  • Options
    cincy2011cincy2011 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Tam!!!  You've been missed girl, I was just wondering about you earlier today!  It was weird, I was thinking "where's tamtam at, I should call her and see what's up!" LOL I forgot for a second that you are not my friend IRL (in real life)!!!  hahahahha

Glad you're back and that the invites went out.  I would love to see pics of them!  Also happy to hear that FSIL was cool - glad she was helpful and you enjoyed her visit.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    winter443winter443 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations!!! I know you're so relieved to be through with those invites!  And you know you have to show us a pic lol
    I love my baby, yep yep, he loves this chick! imageimageimageMy Planning Bio
  • Options
    tamtam7tamtam7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Winter and PB Bride,  the whole time I was stressing out about these invitations, I felt like I was letting y'all down.  LOL!  I was like I told Winter and PB Bride that I would have these things done by Monday!  LOL.  But it was out of my control  I'm glad that they are done, my goodness...that mess  was stressful!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I wanted to page you about your progress but I figured I would just let you work to get them done!!  I knew was extremely frustrated with the whole process then FSIL decided to pay a visit.  I'm glad you can move on to something else now.  Smile
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicAnniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I missed you Tam,
    Did you get my response the other day about the invisible pens?

Glad you finished your invites. That's a HUGE check and you are doing well in terms of time. I just sent mine Friday, Monday, Tuesday and the last Batch yesterday.... Finally! LOL
  • Options
    gatineaubridegatineaubride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Glad that you are back! I  missed your sex tricks! I actually tried one as we went away last week end. Hopefully, we get some more! LOL!
  • Options
    tamtam7tamtam7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    @Pas, I did get the information re the invisible pen, but I just decided to write the number really small on the back in the bottom corner of the RSVP card.  Thanks though.

@gatneaaubride, unfortunately I am not the one with the sex tips, I'm the prude one remember?! LOL
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards