African American Weddings
Options

Bridesmaid Dropout

So back in March the bridesmaids & I decided on the dresses. The deadline to order I decided would be August 31st (this Friday). I've sent a few reminders via our email group because I've been in weddings before and as we all know, nobody is as excited as us about our day & it's quite easy to forget that you have to order a dress for someone else's wedding.

Ultimately, you know your friends & family's personalities. From day one I knew exaclty who would order their dress 1st, who would order last, & who would have excuses. So I have 10 girls total (yikes lol). There are 3 that have not ordered (which isnt too bad to me), which are the 3 I knew would be late & the people that are the reason I decided on the August 31st deadline :)

One called me yesterday to say that she will be ordering her dress on Saturday, September 1st. Ok cool. Then I received a TEXT MESSAGE last night from one of my bridesmaids saying that she will not be in the wedding anymore b/c she cannot purchase her dress by Friday b/c she had some things come up. A text message? Really? And then you didn't say is it cool if you purchase after, you jumped straight to "I'm not in the wedding any more" lol...I called her & she didnt answer. I texted & told her it was fine & not ordering by Friday doesn't mean she cannot be in the wedding unless she just doesn't want to be. Then she later called me back lol.

The final of the 3 is going to just let Friday come & go and not mention it. I know he way too well...I guess we'll see how it turns out.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Bridesmaid Dropout

• Options
    Uh, uh, uh. Smh. R you gonna replace her?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Im nosey..what did she say when she called you back ? Is she still going to be in the wedding ? See thats why I kept my BMs to 4...because I already have 1 BM I have to watch to dont have time for ppl shananigans.
    imageimage May2013 October Siggy:Honeymoon:Putna Cana http://1badwedding.weebly.com/
  • Options
    @yogiebhill I don't think I'm going to replace her. I think she plans to still purchase the dress but we'll see I guess.

@msbdumas lol she said she asked someone to borrow the moeny but they probably arent going to let her & she feels bad b/c she shouldnt have waited but she's still gonna try to buy the dress. Really she can order by the end of next month & I wouldn't care but I'm not telling her that. & Yes, I really wish I had limited my list as well but I get too wrapped up in feeling bad for not asking people :(

There are 2 guys that are supposed to be going to the service so they may not be in the wedding either so if those last 2 girls dont order, it's fine by me lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Hey Ladycane! At least you know the personalities of your girls...that helps. Yep, if she don't oh well...moving on to the next one! LOL...if she doesn't purchase it by the time she she said she would, I would just leave it alone...maybe she really can't afford it (or whatever the situation is) and she doesn't want to tell you no. You know how that is...you don't want her to feel like she is obligated to do it...that'll just cause for problems later on closer to the wedding. Being a BM has other responsibilites that she may not be able to afford too.
    click here to view our Amazing Love wedding website Anniversary
  • Options
    @CreoleBride30 I couldnt agree more! I really do not want to deal with the hair & makeup drama when it's closer to the wedding & I partially feel like that will be an issue later. And like you said, if they don't mention it, I wont either. I've sent reminders to everyone as a group & at this point the ball is pretty much in their court. You either order the dress or you dont :)

Thank ladies!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Right! You the bride and you don't have time to be babysitting!!! Shoot...you have enough to do. Like you said, you did your part, now it's their turn! 
    click here to view our Amazing Love wedding website Anniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_bridesmaid-dropout?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:2eb3bd6d-e0d2-4562-8ba2-ee01de95b529Post:26bff277-db80-416b-a080-f691563fe728">Re: Bridesmaid Dropout</a>:
    [QUOTE]@yogiebhill I don't think I'm going to replace her. I think she plans to still purchase the dress but we'll see I guess. @msbdumas lol she said she asked someone to borrow the moeny but they probably arent going to let her & she feels bad b/c she shouldnt have waited but she's still gonna try to buy the dress. Really she can order by the end of next month & I wouldn't care but I'm not telling her that. & Yes, I really wish I had limited my list as well but I get too wrapped up in feeling bad for not asking people :( <strong>There are 2 guys that are supposed to be going to the service so they may not be in the wedding either so if those last 2 girls dont order, it's fine by me lol.</strong>
    Posted by ladycane015[/QUOTE]

<div>Well It just might work out in your favor if she cant get her dress and the other guys cant make it. Thats 1 extra BM and 2 extra GMs gifts and meals you dont have to pay for..I hear a cha ching...money in your pocket..lol</div>
    imageimage May2013 October Siggy:Honeymoon:Putna Cana http://1badwedding.weebly.com/
  • Options
    In Response to Re:Bridesmaid Dropout:[QUOTE]Hey Ladycane! At least you know the personalities of your girls...that helps. Yep, if she don't oh well...moving on to the next one! LOL...if she doesn't purchase it by the time she she said she would, I would just leave it alone...maybe she really can't afford it or whatever the situation is and she doesn't want to tell you no. You know how that is...you don't want her to feel like she is obligated to do it...that'll just cause for problems later on closer to the wedding. Being a BM has other responsibilites that she may not be able to afford too. Posted by CreoleBride30[/QUOTE]

Agree!
    **I am getting married to Mr. Wonderful on 11/3/2012**
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards