African American Weddings
Options

Skin Regimen

So does anyone has any advice/tips for having your skin looking flawless and picture perfect for the big day.

Re: Skin Regimen

• Options
    Use a good cleanser, moisturizer and toner.mand exfoliate You can get a free facial once a month at Merle Norman if your near one. And drink lots of waer
  • Options
    Water!!! and clean eating, spinach and fruits
    577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
  • Options
    Oooh thanks! I need to get on this ASAP. Should have been on it. Stress has made acne come all out on my lower face and its bothering me :/
    image180 Made the cut!
    image 129 Ready to drop it like its HOT!
    image 7 Found something else to do
    image 44 Are just plain RUDE!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Follow Me on Pinterest November 2012 - October Siggy Challenge image
  • Options
    I see you have a little over a month, so you should try some products and see how they work for you, but dont start any new skin regimen too close to the wedding day just in case there is any bad reactions. I use Dermalogica products (I buy at Ulta) I have sensitive, dry skin and I started out with the small kits they have ( they have one for dry, oily, etc) just to see how it would work and It's been great!!!! I have been using them for over a year now. The thing is, you have to EXFOLIATE so your skin doesn't look like what they call "orange peel effect".....mine was looking like that a little before I used a cream exfoliant to get all that dead skin off. I do this once a week and I'm telling you, it makes your makeup look awesome!!! It's sooo smooth....also at Ulta, you can get a facial for around $20, it's like a mini facial, to see how your skin will react first. The scrubs like apricot or any one that has the super grit feel to them are not the best to use beacause of the harshness. Also, using a toner, NOT astringent (because of the alcohol, it dries your skin) evens your skin tone a great deal when you find the one that works for you. HTH sissy...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Simply Fabulous!
  • Options
    MrsSmith2Be02MrsSmith2Be02 member
    First Comment
    edited August 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_skin-regimen?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:2f3276bc-cc37-4b48-840e-8774dfb18afdPost:aae861ad-6a3c-4285-ad6f-daca94cd2afb">Re: Skin Regimen</a>:
    [QUOTE]I see you have a little over a month, so you should try some products and see how they work for you, but dont start any new skin regimen too close to the wedding day just in case there is any bad reactions. I use Dermalogica products (I buy at Ulta) I have <strong>sensitive, dry skin</strong> and I started out with the small kits they have ( they have one for dry, oily, etc) just to see how it would work and It's been great!!!! I have been using them for over a year now. The thing is, you have to EXFOLIATE so your skin doesn't look like what they call "orange peel effect".....mine was looking like that a little before I used a cream exfoliant to get all that dead skin off. I do this once a week and I'm telling you, it makes your makeup look awesome!!! It's sooo smooth....also at Ulta, you can get a facial for around $20, it's like a mini facial, to see how your skin will react first. The scrubs like apricot or any one that has the super grit feel to them are not the best to use beacause of the harshness. Also, using a toner, NOT astringent (because of the alcohol, it dries your skin) evens your skin tone a great deal when you find the one that works for you. HTH sissy...
    Posted by MissusD1116[/QUOTE]

Me too! Which is why I have been scared to even get stuff to try.

Oh thanks for this! I have NO clue what to do at all. Which is why I get frustrated with even applying makeup. My skin used to be soooo clear and then I had my daughter and its all jacked up LOL. There is an Ulta right by my job....I can go by there later on before we have our tasting today.
    image180 Made the cut!
    image 129 Ready to drop it like its HOT!
    image 7 Found something else to do
    image 44 Are just plain RUDE!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Follow Me on Pinterest November 2012 - October Siggy Challenge image
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_skin-regimen?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:2f3276bc-cc37-4b48-840e-8774dfb18afdPost:d33f6725-60c3-4f0f-8a74-1eb7f71ea105">Re: Skin Regimen</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Skin Regimen : Me too! Which is why I have been scared to even get stuff to try. Oh thanks for this! I have NO clue what to do at all. Which is why I get frustrated with even applying makeup. My skin used to be soooo clear and then I had my daughter and its all jacked up LOL. There is an Ulta right by my job....I can go by there later on before we have our tasting today.
    Posted by MrsSmith2Be02[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    I'm hecka mad!!! TK must me hungry!! It ate my darn post! @MrsSmith Sis, I had a whole darn paragraph....Mainly saying the kit is around $20 or so and that they have everything in the kit to get started, like: essential cleanser, toner ( that you spray on), precleanse (for removing makeup, awesome!) gentle cream exfoliant, and moisturizer. It may have an instruction sheet, but let me know if you need more info. I can let you know the order of steps that worked for me. HTH!! Samiyah:-)
  • Options
    Actually my face is fine. But for the first time ever this summer the rest of my body is really dry. I never had this issue before. I will say I hate water. So maybe for this last month I will make sure i drink plenty more
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards