African American Weddings
Options

*PB-Bride2010 *

In case you dont look back at the candy bar post...

What were your wedding colors again?

Where did you look to find all the candy?

Do you have pictures of your candy buffet?

What did you use for people to put their candy in?
AAW June 2011 Siggy Challenge : "Daddy and Me"

Photobucket

Wedding Planning Blog (Updated 10/18/10)

Re: *PB-Bride2010 *

• Options
    edited December 2011

I don't have pictures at this time, but hopefully by the end of the week.  My colors were burnt orange and chocolate.  I got most of my candies for a company in Cleveland called Sweeties Candy.  However, I did get my tooties rolls from Sams, and Reese Cups from the knot when they had their sale with our names under the bottom of them.

Shaq123 and I went together and believe me they have tons, tons of candy in any color you want so if you decide on your color I can go and get the basic thing for you like rock candy, old fashion sticks (anything that doesn't melt).  I believe I spent around 230 or so and I original budgeted for 600 because of what I was finding from other sites.  I don't think shipping will be all that expensive.

These are the little bags I used I got them at Michaels.  I original planned to use bigger bags, but decided against that since the bigger the bag the more the guest will take. 

This picture makes the bag look bigger than they are but they're nice size to get all the different types of candy in there.

Let me know what you decide.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicAnniversary
  • Options
    TysWife2BeTysWife2Be member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are purple, silver and white...so those are the colors that we are looking for. 

Not sure about the bags/boxes yet...

Let me know if you come across anything in those colors...PLEASE!!!    :-D
    AAW June 2011 Siggy Challenge : "Daddy and Me"

Photobucket

Wedding Planning Blog (Updated 10/18/10)

• Options
    tyboydtyboyd member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey KP! Not that you asked me, but there's a place here in Houston that sales those lil baggies in bulk. Here's the website: http://www.palmerpkg.com/
    Hopefully you can buy online. If not, and you want me to swing by and ship it for you, I will.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh they have those colors!!! That company has candiesI  haven't never seen before or since I was a kid.  They have it all.

http://www.sweetiescandy.com/store-photos.html
  • Options
    sheshedukeshesheduke member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey ladies sorry to intrude but PB we have the same wedding colors what kind of candy did you use? I figured asing you could help me in my search and cut down on some of the search time.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    @Shesheduke.....I hope I can remember them all.  If you live in Detroit it is worth your while to go to the SweetieCandy store.

1) orange and root beer rock candy on the stick
    2) orange slices
    3) chocolate malt balls
    4) tootsie rolls
    5) Reese cups
    6) orange and chocolate old fashion sticks
    7) orange and chocolate sixlets
    8) some other type of candy I don't remember the name of it but it's like that penny candy.  They had about 300 pieces and the colors where orange, latté, and chocolate.
    9) Some of the suckers 2 for $1 suckers at Staples in the orange and chocolate.
  • Options
    sheshedukeshesheduke member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OMG I love you. I love most of the candies on your list but I have to have some sour patch kids in there somewhere and my FI has to have hot tamales. Our accent colors are red, yellow and gold so I hope that adding these additions wont mess up the color scheme. :-?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards