African American Weddings
Options

XP: Photographer Contract Question

Were you required to put down a deposit for your photographer and pay the balance upon completion of editing etc.  If so how much of the balance did the deposIt represent. Or were you required to pay it all up front?

*For those paying upfront are you concerned at all about the photographer keeping his/her end of the bargain?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: XP: Photographer Contract Question

• Options
    My original photographer, I paid the deposit and the balance was due on the day of the wedding.

My current photographer, I paid the deposit and the balance is due 2 weeks before.
    image180 Made the cut!
    image 129 Ready to drop it like its HOT!
    image 7 Found something else to do
    image 44 Are just plain RUDE!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Follow Me on Pinterest November 2012 - October Siggy Challenge image
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_xp-photographer-contract-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:34bcc085-038c-4768-92c0-cbbe799c7dc3Post:d23fc645-b38e-478d-a04a-f5743772e08e">Re: XP: Photographer Contract Question</a>:
    [QUOTE]My original photographer, I paid the deposit and the balance was due on the day of the wedding. My current photographer, <strong>I paid the deposit and the balance is due 2 weeks before.
    </strong>Posted by MrsSmith2Be02[/QUOTE]

This!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_xp-photographer-contract-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:34bcc085-038c-4768-92c0-cbbe799c7dc3Post:9b82d08d-b9ef-4902-8d79-3b95e64fef0f">XP: Photographer Contract Question</a>:
    [QUOTE]Were you required to put down a deposit for your photographer and pay the balance upon completion of editing etc.  If so how much of the balance did the deposIt represent. Or were you required to pay it all up front? *For those paying upfront are you concerned at all about the photographer keeping his/her end of the bargain?
    Posted by Elizabeth80[/QUOTE]

<div>I want to say we had to do a 25% deposit (or maybe it was 50%). Either way we ended up paying the whole thing to get it out of the way. We weren't worried about them not holding up their end b/c they are reputable around Atlanta. </div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    130 image Are on the way! The rest don't matter... FINAL COUNT~!
  • Options
    rowenac82rowenac82 member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited April 2012
    We are making payments in "thirds". So 1/3 of the balance was due upon signing the contract, another 1/3 is due next month and the last payment is due a month before the wedding. Yes, I definitely had concerns about paying everything upfront but I think all of my vendors are like that. So I guess that's the norm! :-/ I made myself feel a bit more comfortable with my decisions by using vendors that were on my venue's preferred list. Some were required but even for the ones not required, I decided to stick to the list. 

(also, our photographer has an office which is something they pointed out to us about other photographers who work out of their home. this made me feel a bit more comfortable in the sense that I could really find them if I needed to)
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Our deposit was around 25% and the rest is due the day of. He has great reviews so I'm not concerned about not getting pictures or anything.
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    Thank you ladies!! I'm looking at a new photographer (our previous one was a friend). So I'm just trying to gauge how this all works:)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    We paid a deposit of $150.00. The rest is due the night of the wedding.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Our deposit was 50% balance due 2 weeks AFTER the wedding.

• Options
    We had to put 25% down, with the remaining balance due 3 weeks before the wedding. 
    Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_xp-photographer-contract-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:34bcc085-038c-4768-92c0-cbbe799c7dc3Post:d23fc645-b38e-478d-a04a-f5743772e08e">Re: XP: Photographer Contract Question</a>:
    [QUOTE]My original photographer, I paid the deposit and the balance was due on the day of the wedding. My current photographer, I<strong> paid the deposit and the balance is due 2 weeks before.
    </strong>Posted by MrsSmith2Be02[/QUOTE]

This!  In fact, FI tried to pay him in full and he wanted us to wait til 2 weeks before.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards