African American Weddings

Let's talk groom's attire...

What's your groom wearing ladies?  So months ago, FI and I went and he got a black suit and then he said he'd decided later on the shirt and tie to go with it.  I said that's fine with me.  Now the past few days he's been talking about a tux.  Fortunately we have no wedding party that he has to coordinate with but at this point, I just want the decision to be made so that we can move on.  Oh yeah, and the wedding is 2 weeks away  Undecided

Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Let's talk groom's attire...

• keyaira04keyaira04 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited March 2012
    Fi is going with a suit, so he can wear it again. He is having the BM/GM wear suits, as he was in a wedding were this was done and has been able to wear it again. He will wear a white shirt and( hopefully ) a silver tie and vest; the GM wearing white suits with cobalt blue ties and black vest. My dad is helping FI with this and will be going to K&G. We are having a early afternoon wedding.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers LilySlim Fitness goals tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_lets-talk-grooms-attire?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:3a4032f9-641e-4bb8-aeef-004ec8e4dea6Post:c47ed673-29e5-4f76-9b8a-c9c584b11e8d">Re: Let's talk groom's attire...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Fi is going with a suit, so he can wear it again. He also are having the BM/GM wear suits, as he was in a wedding were this was done and has been able to wear it again. He will wear a white shirt and hopefully a silver tie and vest, the the GM wearing white suits with cobalt blue ties and black vest. My dad is helping FI with this and will be going to K&G. We are having a early afternoon wedding.
    Posted by keyaira04[/QUOTE]

See, this is exactly what I was going for.  A black suit and vest, white shirt and then he can pick whatever tie he wants.  I might have to do a little convincing that we should just stick with this.

Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I would talk to him again. If if that does not work, ( it did not for me) I went for route 2: have a man tell him the SAME THING you told him! I know I'm new at this whole wifely thing, but I still don't know why this method works. Anyways, I am having my dad talk to him in the store, as FI thinks the world of him.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers LilySlim Fitness goals tickers
  • We talked about suits, but FI said he wanted it to be official in his words, so we are renting tux, vest, shirt, and tie from men's wearhouse for him, the BK, and GM..four tuxes total.
    May 2013 January Siggy: Cake.!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • BM I meant
    May 2013 January Siggy: Cake.!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • My FI is wearing a tux that he's had for a while, a white shirt, a black vest, and green and black paisley tie. The groomsmen are wearing a black suit, white shirt, and almost solid green tie.

Sophia, if your FI is going to change his mind, he really needs to deicde this weekend. I used to work at a men's clothing store, and they put alterations 2 weeks out, and they need info for rentals a week or two in advance. Plus it's prom season, so all the good stuff might be gone and alterations may take longer.
  • M1ssJM1ssJ member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker

This is what FI will be wearing , he also gets a black suit from the deal

But he does need to know like now!
    577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
  • My FI likes this
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My FI  has decided to wear a suit. We agreed that the $$$ he would spend on a tux would be put to better use buying a suit that he could keep and wear again. I know exactly where we can find him something very GQ.

The Future Mrs. Douglas Daisypath Wedding tickers LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • You guys are right. We need to get on this ASAP. Hopefully we can go this weekend, if not, at least we still got the black suit as a backup and just need to get a shirt and tie and we are good to go.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards