2. Your Birthday & Age and Fiance's Birthday and Age

3. City Born In?

4. City Live in?

5. Where did you go to college?

6. What was your major?

7. What is your current job?

8. What is your dream job?

9. How did you and your fiance meet?

10.  When did you get engaged and how did he do it??

11. When is the Wedding Day?

12. Where is the ceremony and reception?

13. What are your wedding colors?

14. Where are you honeymooning?

15. Favorite wedding vendor so far?

16. Biggest wedding splurge?

17. What is something you wish you could have at the wedding but don't?

18. Another knottie wedding you'd like to attend?

19. Favorite book?

20. Favorite movie?

21. Favorite tv show?

22. Favorite wedding dress designer?

23. Any advice you can give?

24. Anything you wish you could change about your wedding?

25. Share something about yourself!!
AAW June 2011 Siggy Challenge : "Daddy and Me"

Photobucket

Wedding Planning Blog (Updated 10/18/10)

Re: Knottie of the Day - mandikaykay

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Good morning ladies!  I will be popping in and out today to answer questions, got a lot going on at work.  Please bear with me.  Thank you!

1. First Name & Fiance's First Name  Amanda & Gerald

2. Your Birthday & Age and Fiance's Birthday and Age  9/20 - 26 & 7/2 - 24

3. City Born In?  Baton Rouge

4. City Live in? same as above

5. Where did you go to college? Louisiana State University, working on masters as Southern University

6. What was your major?  Family, Child & Consumer Science, masters will be in Public Administration

7. What is your current job?  Administrative Assistant

8. What is your dream job?  I used to want to be a wedding coordinator, still would like to own my own facility one day and do events

9. How did you and your fiance meet?  In our best friends' wedding, I was the MOH he was the BM

10.  When did you get engaged and how did he do it??  2/14/09, he was supposed to take me out for Valentine's Day, that didn't work out because he ended up working until late that night.  I always joke and say he was out delivering flowers in a box to all the other women in the city cause he works for UPS.  When he got to my house, it was late, I was starving, we both weren't feeling well, and he was piddling around while I was trying to figure out what we were going to eat.  Finally, I said we could just pickup McDonald's and forget about eating somewhere nice.  When I wasn't looking he got down on one knee, and asked me to marry him.  This is the amended version of the story, full story in bio.  Come to find out, he wasn't piddling around, he had gone in the back to call his mom and see if she thought he should still propose because his original plan was foiled.  BTW, we did end up picking up some takeout and eating at home.

I guess it would be important to add that I can cook, but I refuse to cook on two days of the year:  Valentine's Day and my birthday.

11. When is the Wedding Day?  6/4/2010

12. Where is the ceremony and reception?  St. George Catholic Church/Elegant Affairs

13. What are your wedding colors?  Ivory & seafoam green (but the men are wearing black tuxes, so I guess a touch of black also)

14. Where are you honeymooning?  Cruise to the Bahamas

15. Favorite wedding vendor so far?  My videographer, no hassles what so ever

16. Biggest wedding splurge?  Videography

17. What is something you wish you could have at the wedding but don't?  Photo booth

18. Another knottie wedding you'd like to attend?  Miabrideintampa - Kaila's

19. Favorite book?   Really don't have a current fav book, all of my reading consists of Ethics and Program Evaluation texts

20. Favorite movie?  When Harry Met Sally (all time fav, love how they were friends for years and ended up together), and I like Brown Sugar pretty much for the same reason...let's stop there because I just LOVE movies period

21. Favorite tv show?  A Different World

22. Favorite wedding dress designer?  Don't have one, but I love my dress

23. Any advice you can give?  Start early and pace yourself.  Most importantly, don't lose yourself in the process of planning the day. 

24. Anything you wish you could change about your wedding?  Wish it could have been smaller

25. Share something about yourself!!    I will confess, I don't get on TK consistently, usually miss A LOT because of it. 
    Bio (updated 4/3/10 with invitations) AAW Board Brides
    500 invitedimage 301 acceptedimage 101 declinedimage

RSVP date: April 23rd Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey Mandikaykay, It was nice reading your story.  I am a Jag also.  Poli Sci (91) and MPA (93) from SU (Go Jaguars).  Small world.  Does Dr. Sharon Parsons still teach ethics and program evaluation?   Congratulations on your upcoming wedding and happy planning. 
  • Options
    TysWife2BeTysWife2Be member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Nice learning more about you...

Ummmm...how in the world did you manage to invite 500 people?
    AAW June 2011 Siggy Challenge : "Daddy and Me"

Photobucket

Wedding Planning Blog (Updated 10/18/10)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    ChocolateDelight - Small world indeed.  Yes, Dr. Parsons is still there, although she is not teaching either of those courses this semester.  Due to budget cuts, there have been many shakeups in the department.  I had Dr. Parsons last semester for Org Theory.

TysWife2Be - Well I have a huge family, as in my dad has nine brothers and sisters (one passed away last year) and my mom has seven brothers and sisters.  Most are married with an average of three children each.  We are quite close so all were invited.  Then we started inviting extended family and the number grew exponentially, but I actually see most of these people on a regular basis so it made sense.  FI is from a small town, so although he had a small family, he had quite a few guests on the list.  My parents did not want to cut anyone from the list, especially any of FI's guests.  So here we are at 500.  The good news is that we only expect about 275 -300 to attend since the wedding is out of town for almost all of our guests and it's a Friday evening.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Mandikay, it really nice to learn more about you. I love your bio and you are a queen of DIY! Can't wait for your wedding and see how everything will come together.
    Love the engagement story. Sometimes the less elaborate are the best ones
  • Options
    essianessian member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Loved reading more about you.Guess What??? You are getting married on my birthday.YAH!!! I'm getting married on 06/05/10. Almost my date twin:) Yeah, I would keep you in my prayers on that day but I am sure everything would go on well.
  • Options
    winter443winter443 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for sharing!
    I love my baby, yep yep, he loves this chick! imageimageimageMy Planning Bio
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Pas - You flatter me....thank you for the compliments.  I really do enjoy my DIY projects though.

Essian - Almost date twin, I will have to remember that so I can sneak on and send special birthday and wedding wishes to you. 

Winter - You are welcome.  :)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I love your colors. They are so soft and pretty.

I am amazed at your guest list too, but I commend you and your family on being so accommodating. :)

My FI works for UPS too, but not on the package side anymore although he used to when we first started dating. Those long hours used to aggravate me when we had evening plans!
    AAW June Siggy Challenge
    My Daddy and Me Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    WOW!!!! 500 people invited! Awesome! It was so great reading more about you! I hope that you don't have any problems getting all of you invite reaponds in!
    My Wedding Planning Bio (Updated January 24, 2011)
    Created by Wedding Favors
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AAW May Siggy Challenge: Picture of Me and My mom! image 170 Made the cut Happy smiley!
    image 102 Making the Trip to Atlanta Smiley!
    image 64 Can't make the trip to Atlanta Smiley!
    image 6 Can't decide or won't let us know Smiley!
    R.S.V.P Deadline April 30th!!! SMH!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards